Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:22 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,748 times

Advertisements

Angle Homes..... I would like to know the good bad and the ugly about this home builder. From his web site he has been building since 1996 other than that I know very little of the quality of the houses he builds any 411 on him would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ttboy; 04-19-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 06:14 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Most of the homes built by developers are constructed in a similar way. Depending on average temperatures - insulation could vary.

In the Valley - I have seen $300,000 new homes constructed the same as $125,000 new homes.
The price difference is location and amenities. Obviously, a granite countertop is going to cost more then a laminate countertop.

All/most home developments in the Valley are factory made walls and factory made roof trusses. Delivered to site by flat bed truck. Then assembled on site.
Particle board on 4 corners only, then Styrofoam walls, mesh, then stucco. Then sprayed in insulation.

You should be more concerned with size of lot, location, etc.
Two story homes seem to be the rage now. That just potentially adds another heating/cooling compressor. Remember, heat rises. And there is a lot of heat in southern Arizona. Yes, I do know where Kingman is. I have traveled on Andy Devine Avenue many times.

I have seen some builders now use plastic window frames instead of painted metal. Don't think that the plastic window frames with hold up over time.

You, if having a new home constructed should be real specific in what you want for amenities. Low voltage wiring is lacking in most new homes - even the expensive ones.
Builders will go by code and put in the minimum. I have seen some crazy locations for electrical outlets - as the builder is meeting minimum code. So you, the buyer, have to ask and specify where you want outlets and there are never enough.
Although everything is going "wireless" you still want Cat5e or Cat6 wires in every room. As well as RG6 in every room. Each home should have a Structured Wiring Panel. If this builder does not know what a Structured Wiring Panel is - then get another builder.
Do your homework. And know exactly what you want. Then review all with builder.

The builder in question has a good BBB rating. You can look that up.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:38 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
If I was to have a new house built today I would have a qualified individual on site monitoring the build. Yes it can get expensive but at least you will know that you have insulation in all the right spots and your water lines are actually under the insulation in the attic instead of being out and freezing up come winter.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:45 PM

9 posts, read 14,205 times
Rambrush are there such people you can hire that work independently to check on progress of building a home? Thank you in advance

Old 06-09-2015, 04:57 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
Most home inspectors can do it. It used to be ASHI ?certified inspectors. It was my neighbors place that had some quality control issues.
I am currently up in Montana for summer with limited internet but will try find a signal to respond back to you.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM

What a life! My dad is on his way out to buy a house he closes on the one he sold in Pa we are coming out in Nov once he gets settle to do some house shopping enjoy yourself! And thanks

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3js View Post
Rambrush are there such people you can hire that work independently to check on progress of building a home? Thank you in advance
I used to do this years ago in FL on high end beach homes. Project manager - owners rep.

It's basically what Jeff Lewis does in Hollywood. Makes sure the job turns out right. He calls it "Designer" because in Cali no contractor's license is required for a designer. LOL

Old 06-13-2015, 04:28 AM

i was told that Angle are selling homes as quickly as they are building them and price is firm. Also real estate agents are so busy is Kingman going thru another growth spurt and is it really true selling homes that quickly?

Old 06-13-2015, 04:29 AM

Thanks Jamies I appreciate your input

Old 02-06-2016, 08:32 AM

5 posts, read 6,213 times
I live in a home built by Angle and I can honestly say, it is a quality home. I'm old enough to be retired and I have lived in a LOT of homes. Inexpensive homes when young, more expensive homes when older, now a less expensive home since retirement.
Angle puts all the bells and whistles they can in a relatively inexpensive home (depending on which of their developments you purchase in) I live in the Ranch at Long Mountain - their mid-range development. I have solid wood cabinets, granite countertops (though, of course, not the most expensive granite you can buy), nice tile floors and decent carpeting. They really paid attention to detail and to what buyers want. Rubbed bronze doorknobs and hinges, faucets, etc. The doors themselves are not your typical 6 panel white doors. They have more of a craftsmen style to them, which goes with many types of decor. We looked at homes built by other companies, but Angle is well-known, has a good reputation, builds their houses on nice sized lots and we liked the way the houses are placed on the lots. We looked at a similar house by a different builder, but the house was angled in such a way that you wouldn't have much yard space. We're very happy with our Angle home, as most of our neighbors seem to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: