Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:52 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,716,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
McCain loves illegal immigrants, wars, and was pardoned for treason after getting soldiers killed and military equipment destroyed.

He should be the poster boy for RINO "republicans"
Apart from the fact that your comments have nothing to do with the subject of this thread, and apart from the fact that your comments make you sound a little wacko, although I'm no McCain fan, I see that attack rumors sprang up against McCain after his opposition to Trump:

Those who promulgate the “pardon” aspect of McCain rumors never cite a single piece of evidence
FACT CHECK: War Crimes

Perhaps you're an uninformed victim of fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:20 AM

120 posts, read 166,919 times
I don't have an issue with his career, he did some good, some bad during his time as a Senator. Arizona certainly could have had much worse! I agree though, Senator McCain has had a long run and it is time to retire and enjoy what years he has left.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:15 AM

576 posts, read 832,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Sorry, but I'll disagree with that. The residents can vote him out if they're unhappy. The problem is with the lazy, uninformed voters.
So true.... I've always said the problem with our govt isn't the idiots in Washington, it's with the idiots who send them there!

Everyone thinks THEIR senator and congressmen are good, it's the other states who have the wackos, because they get the propaganda on the news and in their mailboxes from their reps that they are working hard on their behalf. Ha!

Many, many years ago, when I was living in ND, we had a senator who was in his 80's. It was obvious the guy was senile but not to the overwhelming majority of voters who kept re-electing him. My grandmother voted for him because "he's a nice man - he sends me a Christmas card every year"! As Ron White says - "You can't fix stupid"! After that senator died in office, his staff revealed that one of them had to go with him to the bathroom because he couldn't find his way back to his office. A United States Senator!

Really, there is no hope for us!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 AM

4,506 posts, read 4,625,846 times
I think every post so far has been against Mccain in one way or another, yet y'all continue to elect him.

You cant blame him for confusing people's names on his age.
That happens to everybody, of all ages.

My theory is if y'all were fans of John McCain, you wouldn't be saying "we need term limits" in this thread. It's when you don't like the person who's in office is when term limits becomes an issue.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I think every post so far has been against Mccain in one way or another, yet y'all continue to elect him.

You cant blame him for confusing people's names on his age.
That happens to everybody, of all ages.

My theory is if y'all were fans of John McCain, you wouldn't be saying "we need term limits" in this thread. It's when you don't like the person who's in office is when term limits becomes an issue.
His opponent sucked on this last go around. You need to offer us more than boots to get elected.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,072,138 times
John McCain has a LONG history in AZ and with so many retirees in this state who continue to love him and feel sorry for him, he will never be voted out. These people continue to think he deserves a seat in the Senate and it doesn't matter how old he is or what he does. JMHO

Old 06-22-2017, 10:41 AM

66 posts, read 123,389 times
I was born on an Air Force base in 1967. When we lived in Hawaii (Hickam AFB)from 1970 to 1978, my father would take me my brother and two sisters to the flight line, to cheer and clap for returning P.O.W.s from Vietnam. My father was a Chief Master Sgt in satellite and aerial reconnaissance and was part of the Strategic Air Command. My father was drafted into the Korean war as an infantryman and after serving in the Army, enlisted into the Air Force and served for a total of 23 years.

My father and all of his buddies called John McCain "Songbird McCain." My father claimed that McCain had collaborated with the North Vietnamese while his friends/fellow prisoners were beaten/tortured for not speaking or cooperating. My father made many accusations of which I assumed were the raving of a man who has seen too much combat and too many beer cans, dont get me wrong, I respected and loved my father, but he could never provide proof of McCain's traitorous acts.

Fast forward over 37 years later and I find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0mHEJyC3Y

This sealed the deal for me. Everything my father said, in my heart, I believe is true. Everything McCain claimed, everything he ran on as far as his, "Military career," is a lie, in my opinion. I cant wait to confront him with this, live, in a public setting, with cameras rolling and this tape being played.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:11 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,716,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
So true.... I've always said the problem with our govt isn't the idiots in Washington, it's with the idiots who send them there!

Everyone thinks THEIR senator and congressmen are good, it's the other states who have the wackos, because they get the propaganda on the news and in their mailboxes from their reps that they are working hard on their behalf. Ha!

Many, many years ago, when I was living in ND, we had a senator who was in his 80's. It was obvious the guy was senile but not to the overwhelming majority of voters who kept re-electing him. My grandmother voted for him because "he's a nice man - he sends me a Christmas card every year"! As Ron White says - "You can't fix stupid"! After that senator died in office, his staff revealed that one of them had to go with him to the bathroom because he couldn't find his way back to his office. A United States Senator! Really, there is no hope for us!

Yes, I've always found that very interesting - the studies that show that people are contemptuous of Congress but insist that their own representatives are great.

Your grandmother reminds of me the woman I once heard on TV who said she was happy at the idea of Sarah Palin as Vice President because Palin had a disabled child.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:20 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,375,361 times
If McCain hadn't been captured, he'd have been court martialed for his part in causing the USS Forrestal disaster... which happened years after he splashed a plane while hot dogging it.

You'd think someone in his position... you know, divorcing his wife to run off with the daughter of one of Arizona's wealthiest men and living happily ever after bouncing between their several houses... I think I would have retired years ago. But hey, for some it's a hobby and part of their lives to send other people's kids to war to protect the country on one hand, and doing everything possible to leave our borders defenseless. He's far beyond his expiration date.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,836,728 times
Soros, Teneo Are Donors to McCain Institute | The Daily Caller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona