Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:02 PM

262 posts, read 202,513 times

Advertisements

So this dude said that there Are very few white kids in the public schools here in Arizona. For one I don’t know what he’s talking about, because there are plenty of white kids in the public schools in Arizona. Is this guy not paying attention?

However, I’m trying to figure out what was racist about it.

Why is the governor calling on him to resign? Doesn’t the president get away with way worse comments than this?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
"If we don't do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country and we will not be the country you were born into,"

He’s suggesting that brown people are a threat.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
"If we don't do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country and we will not be the country you were born into,"

He’s suggesting that brown people are a threat.
I guess reading it like that help me understand a little bit better just like literally reading it with my eyes versus hearing it with my ears yeah that’s a good point.

Well good for the governor. They need to start nipping this crap in the bud before these people get too much power.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:27 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,921,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post

They need to start nipping this crap in the bud before these people get too much power.
You mean publicly expressing his opinion? I thought thats what one of our fundamental premises for existing in America was all about, being able to express your opinion.

You dont have to agree with what he says, but saying anyone expressing their opinion should have his words "nipped in the bud" because you dont like what he is saying is way off base..
The first amendment doesnt only pertain to ideas and words that you agree with..

Old 06-14-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
You mean publicly expressing his opinion? I thought thats what one of our fundamental premises for existing in America was all about, being able to express your opinion.

You dont have to agree with what he says, but saying anyone expressing their opinion should have his words "nipped in the bud" because you dont like what he is saying is way off base..

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the governor of the state to tell. A representative of the state “hey, stop saying racist crap in public.”

In fact, I think I was raised to just flat out not say mean things in public to begin with. Weren’t you?

You don’t have to express your opinions everywhere you go. That’s what this website for.

If your opinion is racist, you should check it and understand the other people are going to say something about it and just keep it to yourself.

It would preferably be better if you were just a not a racist but we can’t hope for everything in life now can we?

And if your opinion is that you want to live around people of only your race maybe you should find a country that would allow you to do that in

Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:

You thought wrong. Way off base is the misconception that free speech is free from consequences. Last I checked, no one is trying to jail him for what he said. His speech remains free.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 PM

YOU are wrong...

sure the governor can call him out, as he is free to whine about anything anyone says, just like you or I am..
Free speech always has consequences, so whether you agree with it or not, that doesnt change the fact that this guy can express his opinions, the governor can express his opinions, and, everyone who comes to this forum can as well.I never said free speech didnt have consequences, so dont put words into my mouth

Just remember that for everyone that might disagree with your opinion, there is probably at least the same amount who do agree with it..

Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
sure the governor can call him out, as he is free to whine about anything anyone says, just like you or I am..
Free speech always has consequences, so whether you agree with it or not, that doesnt change the fact that this guy can express his opinions, the governor can express his opinions, and, everyone who comes to this forum can as well.

Just remember that for everyone that might disagree with your opinion, there is probably at least the same amount who do agree with it..
So what? What is your point then?

Wrong about what?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:39 PM

OK, well how about this?

You probably wouldn’t say this crap at your job in front of a customer if this scenario is applicable. So a representative of a state probably shouldn’t say it at some event where he speaking at a podium now should he?

Do you understand there are just limits on what you should and shouldn’t do in public and in life?

I think if your answer is no then maybe you should watch the episode of South Park where they talk about ass burgers. (aspergers) It’s a little bit satirical and lighthearted, but it’ll get you in the right area and maybe perhaps even get you some help.

Last edited by AndyDwyer480; 06-14-2018 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Error

Old 06-14-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
So what? What is your point then?

Wrong about what?
telling me I thought wrong about free speech not having consequences;
Once again, you look for any chance to try and troll/refute/insult me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: