Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 8,195 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My family is tired of the "rat race" here in the Houston area and we are planning a move to the Hot Springs area this summer. I've done a lot of research, but haven't actually talked to any of the people. We want to move onto a few acres of land, but we want to be close enough to town for school and work, any suggestions. Also, my hubby is an x-ray tech who can specialize in pain management and cath lab, any x-ray techs out there that can tell me a good place to work? We also have a son in high school, can anyone tell me about the high schools or alternative schools?
I am so excited about moving to your area! I've visited twice and loved it both times. We live in Kingwood 'The Liveable Forest", on the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest and we love the trees and trails, so your area will fit us well. Any negatives about living in the Hot Springs area?
Thank you all for any help or advice you can give me...
Kat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,969 times
Hi,
I've lived near Hot Springs all my life. It's a great place. There are several lakes here, and the area is just beautiful. There is land available all around here. As far as work for x-ray tech, there's St Joseph's Mercy Medical Center hospital, and National Park Medical Center hospital, both in Hot Springs.
As for schools, it depends on which school district you buy land in. There are also private Christian schools in the area, and homeschooling is big here, too. Hope this helps.
Cali

Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM

19 posts, read 103,502 times
St. Josephs RHC is a large health center in the area. The best school districts are Lakeside and Lake Hamilton.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:04 AM

7 posts, read 21,776 times
I'm an xray tech from around the Hot Springs area but I don't live there. I would really like to move there but I don't know who hires industrial radiographers in the area. Anyone in the area know of any industrial radiography employers?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyelysium View Post
I'm an xray tech from around the Hot Springs area but I don't live there. I would really like to move there but I don't know who hires industrial radiographers in the area. Anyone in the area know of any industrial radiography employers?
Lefty, this is a term I'm not familiar with - industrial radiographer - like checking welding lines, or like in airport security? Can you give us a better definition than that? That's all that pops to my mind and I'm sure I'm WAY off base.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat40 View Post
Hello All,
My family is tired of the "rat race" here in the Houston area and we are planning a move to the Hot Springs area this summer. I've done a lot of research, but haven't actually talked to any of the people. We want to move onto a few acres of land, but we want to be close enough to town for school and work, any suggestions. Also, my hubby is an x-ray tech who can specialize in pain management and cath lab, any x-ray techs out there that can tell me a good place to work? We also have a son in high school, can anyone tell me about the high schools or alternative schools?
I am so excited about moving to your area! I've visited twice and loved it both times. We live in Kingwood 'The Liveable Forest", on the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest and we love the trees and trails, so your area will fit us well. Any negatives about living in the Hot Springs area?
Thank you all for any help or advice you can give me...
Kat
Lucky you. I envy you. Hot Springs is beautiful and a great place to live. Best of luck in your new home.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 AM

24 posts, read 74,913 times
Your kids are going to love growing up in Hot Springs. I'm in my mid-30's now and moved away just before my high school graduation. I have missed that place ever since. The few peices of advice I can give are...

1) Look into either the Lake Hamilton or Lakeside school districts. From what I can remember one was a little on the "hicky" side and the other seemed to have a much better reputation for being a great school. I went to HS public schools and they were fine I suppose but I've heard they've gotten a little "ghetto-fabulous" in recent years.

2) Even though that town has grown quite a bit since I left in `89 you can still find land on the outskirts. I was lucky to grow up in a beautifly old victorian home in now what is known as the Prospect / Ouchita Historic District. If you want a home with a lot of character look into those.

3) Get a boat! Some of the best memories I have are learning to ski behind my dads boat on lake Ouchita or docking up to a great little place to eat on Lake Hamilton after playing on the water all day.

Arkansas is a beautiful state so take advantage and enjoy all it has to offer. I miss it so much I'm moving my family back there in the very near future.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Yes, like looking at welds. I do more than just radiography. It's really called Nondestructive testing.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Lefty, this is a term I'm not familiar with - industrial radiographer - like checking welding lines, or like in airport security? Can you give us a better definition than that? That's all that pops to my mind and I'm sure I'm WAY off base.
Yes, I look at welds/materials evaluation. It's really called Nondestructive testing.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyelysium View Post
Yes, I look at welds/materials evaluation. It's really called Nondestructive testing.
There's a pump and compressor manufacturer in Arkadelphia, can't remember the name of the place but I'm sure they need folks like yourself from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas