Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:14 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times

Advertisements

......ME!! Yeah!

The part that really suck is that I'm getting the money from my recently deceased sister's life insurance. I can think of several different I would have preferred to get the money, but I am grateful that she thought of me and her generosity will allow me to fulfill my dream of leaving LA.

Soooo...as soon as I find a job and a place to live, I'll become an Arkee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM

157 posts, read 518,138 times
congrats.

just wondering--you may have addressed this elsewhere--but why hot springs?

i'm from hs.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
So far everything I've read about Hot Springs it sounds totally amazing and so far no one has ever been able to tell me anything that would alter that point of view. I'm very excited.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,673 times
From LA to Hot Springs? Wow...I have no idea what caused you to pinpoint Hot Springs. It does have beautiful scenery, but its major downfall is that it's located in Arkansas. Arkansas is not a fun place for everybody.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
YAY!!!
So what career field are you in?
You can DM me if you want.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,758,762 times
Hey, that's great! Except for the part about your sister, of course...my sympathies on that. It is nice that she thought of you and had a part in your getting out of L.A. It's kind of like a part of her is still with you in a special sort of way.

Keep in touch with us....we'll all be anxious to see if you feel you made the right decision, and what you think of the Arkansas way of life.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM

99 posts, read 350,569 times
Congrats on the upcoming move! Let me know if you have any questions about the area.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 PM

620 posts, read 2,084,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
......ME!! Yeah!

The part that really suck is that I'm getting the money from my recently deceased sister's life insurance. I can think of several different I would have preferred to get the money, but I am grateful that she thought of me and her generosity will allow me to fulfill my dream of leaving LA.

Soooo...as soon as I find a job and a place to live, I'll become an Arkee!
Congratulations and deepest sympathies. Not only does her generosity feed your ambitious dreams, but her legacy as your facilitator is forever cemented in your mind. It is a great gift in passing. She must have been a wonderful person.

Now the pressure is on you. Dreams are visited until they come true, then they are made. Making them is a lot of work, but worth every bit of the effort. Good luck with that job hunt!

I hope Hot Springs surpasses your expectations.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
From LA to Hot Springs? Wow...I have no idea what caused you to pinpoint Hot Springs. It does have beautiful scenery, but its major downfall is that it's located in Arkansas. Arkansas is not a fun place for everybody.
nor is Los Angeles a fun place for everybody. OP has been on the boards for about at long as I have, she investigated just like we did before we moved to
AR and like us, it gave her what she wanted. I am thrilled her dream is coming true even though the money came from a sad situration...

Nita

Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
CESpeed,

Of course, like everyone else, my prayers go out to your family and you on the loss of your sister..

I do know how much you wanted to make this move and am sure she is smiling down right now, knowing how she helped you make your dream come true.

Keep us posted on your progress and enjoy your new life. I can assure you, we are glad we are here. Although we have only visited Hot Springs a couple of times, we loved it. The worst part for us, both times were late summer and it was hotter than almost anyplace we had ever been, but you don't have to stay outside and walk around when it is that hot. The downtown area is awesome...lots of fun places to explore.

Happy move to you.
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas