Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM

43,717 posts, read 44,488,948 times

Advertisements

Israel has very ancient historical culture and is important to the three major religions of the world.
I am here to ask you about your trip or tour to Israel and what you have experienced in that country.
I don't want to hear about your political thoughts or about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Please just stick to your experiences of visiting/traveling to Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,112,318 times
My aunty went to Israel and Jordan on one of those religious- based tours. She found it quite fascinating. I hope to visit the Middle East in general one day.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,396,188 times
It's not high on my list. I'll just believe what I read in The Bible.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,786,238 times
Sitting here in Tel Aviv on my IPad near the beach thinking wether to say anything or not. Its just pleasant to hear hebrew spoken and watching people going about their normal day.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:36 AM

Will be driving up to Jerusalem tomorrow to spend Rosh Hashana in the the Jewish quarter. Hopefully will be able to bring in the New Year without any situations.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 09-15-2012 at 02:59 AM..

Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM

I've been here in Jerusalem for the past few days. And what amazes me that within the walls its pretty calm. Jews, Arabs, Christians walk amongst each other without issue for the most part. If there are Police/Military around somewhere for the most part they are well hidden. I hear whats going on in numerous Arab countries yet its not even noticeable here (Cairo is 240 miles away & Lebanon border is 156 miles). I sit here and its quieter than being in a forrest. Well onto my next step in the morning to near the Lebanon border.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 AM

43,717 posts, read 44,488,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
I've been here in Jerusalem for the past few days. And what amazes me that within the walls its pretty calm. Jews, Arabs, Christians walk amongst each other without issue for the most part. If there are Police/Military around somewhere for the most part they are well hidden. I hear whats going on in numerous Arab countries yet its not even noticeable here (Cairo is 240 miles away & Lebanon border is 156 miles). I sit here and its quieter than being in a forrest. Well onto my next step in the morning to near the Lebanon border.
I think that most people don't realize that it is quite calm in Israel when there are no terrorist (or missile) attacks going on.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think that most people don't realize that it is quite calm in Israel when there are no terrorist (or missile) attacks going on.
Except for a few helicopters, its pretty calm here in Eilat. Hopefully as I drive back north tomorrow past Sderot/Gaza it will remain calm as I head back to Tel Aviv for Yom Kippur.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,112,318 times
I hear less on the news about terrorism in Israel and Palestine. Is it safer than before?

Also I saw a travel video on Tel Aviv, actually seems more interesting than I gave it credit for. How many days worth spending there?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I hear less on the news about terrorism in Israel and Palestine. Is it safer than before?

Also I saw a travel video on Tel Aviv, actually seems more interesting than I gave it credit for. How many days worth spending there?

The most terrorism right now comes from Gaza in the form of unguided rockets mostly in the direction of Sderot which is to the east of them. Sderot is a one light town (literally there is only one stop light) in a farming community. The reason you don't hear of missle attacks is because they require more setup time in initialize and create a heat signature as it warms up. This is why you here of numerous sites being blown up in Gaza attempting to shoot off missles. Gaza shoots off 100's of rockets because they only take a few minutes to setup, launch and leave the site quickly.

As to travelling there, the reality is that its pretty safe. I was there for the past two weeks. I travelled in a rental vehicle and came close to four bordering Arab contries (including being in one of them - Jordan). I saw no issues. Went to a few malls and saw Arabs shopping as easily as Jews.

As to travelling to Israel I think 10-14 days should suffice. FYI: You lose one day because of time zones and you'll need one day just to vegg just to get the airplane hum out of your system and uncrick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia