Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 11:03 AM

20 posts, read 15,760 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in the experiences of those who have bought property since the "relaxed" government laws concerning foreign buyers were put into effect in 2015.

I have a VN-born wife who speaks fluent Vietnamese, so we're shielded from some of the hassles that most foreigners have to watch out for when buying property in Vietnam. Nevertheless, we're not very savvy about buying real estate in Vietnam. I understand that just about anybody can purchase a house, and that they can only lease the land on which the structure sits in 50-year lease increments (and in perpetuity for VN citizens). I would like to know how I can find a reputable broker who can ensure that all the legal and financial requirements are met. We will pay in cash; we're not financing.

We're both US citizens (she holds dual citizenship, of course) and we currently live in the USA. I qualify for--and have--the five-year visa exemption for foreign spouses of VN nationals. Once we get serious about house-hunting, we will temporarily rent in our destination city of choice. She prefers HCMC or Da Nang, since she has family and friends in both cities; I prefer Da Lat or Da Nang, but we're open to other suggestions, too. I would prefer a house well away from the city center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,972,333 times
WWW.BATDONGSAN.COM.VN. I live in Thailand and bought a house with a Thai attorney and a thirty year lease, sold and bought a condo 100% in my name....more rock solid. I do not like the leasehold structures, at all. Had a great flight on Vietjet the other day. I think they just sentenced the energy minister to death in VN....serious people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia