Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 02:49 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times

Advertisements

I have a few Asian male friends who have white wives or girlfriends. All my Asian friends who are with white girls are born outside Asia. Many Asian cultures traditionally put men in a position of authority where they can do little wrong. My own father in law has a mistress and its known in the family, and they dont do anything about it. His father had 3 mistresses and his wife. My brother in law would hit on women frequently when we would go out. That all is still somewhat common. I do have friends who find that all abhorrent. My experiences are mostly related to China and Chinese men. But I know a Korean and Japanese men who both married white women.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:12 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
I have a white mom and Asian dad... I grew up in California, and you see these types of relationships a lot there.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:57 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I have a few Asian male friends who have white wives or girlfriends. All my Asian friends who are with white girls are born outside Asia. Many Asian cultures traditionally put men in a position of authority where they can do little wrong. My own father in law has a mistress and its known in the family, and they dont do anything about it. His father had 3 mistresses and his wife. My brother in law would hit on women frequently when we would go out. That all is still somewhat common. I do have friends who find that all abhorrent. My experiences are mostly related to China and Chinese men. But I know a Korean and Japanese men who both married white women.
That is certainly a weird family, not typical in China at all.
None of my family members of father or mother's side has such drama.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:39 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
They are a very dramatic family for sure. But from my experiences, not uncommon. After googling it, it appears my experiences are common.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tress.amp.html

Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
My own father in law has a mistress and its known in the family, and they dont do anything about it. His father had 3 mistresses and his wife. My brother in law would hit on women frequently when we would go out. That all is still somewhat common. I do have friends who find that all abhorrent. My experiences are mostly related to China and Chinese men. But I know a Korean and Japanese men who both married white women.
That’s is laughably untrue for Asian culture. I’ve dated many Asian women, lived 4 years in my life in several Asian countries such as Japan, South Korea, China, etc.

There certainly is infidelity in all cultures, but I’ve never seen such nonsense as open and knowingly having mistresses that are acceptable by family members. Shame or losing face is very big in Asian culture so it’s not ok for men to just go cheat on their wives

Asian Americans didn’t become the highest median household income earners by having a bunch of deadbeat promiscuous fathers as head of the household.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:41 PM

214 posts, read 238,480 times
Women in China = God Nowadays, many Chinese men can cook. The poorest women in the world, Arabia women India woman and African women In China, men have no room, no car, no money = no wife. Bookworm? Who cares about American media? If you were in Shandong You talk about Chinese men and nerds in the street. You can go to die I read a news. A Arabia man In Nanjing and a Northeastern men ( Fight) Then Chinese men killed Arabia men. @iron_stick Students look masculine.? If I am 20 years old and look 50 years old, so I look masculine? You come to China You see men over 40 years of age. Looks feminine? . Are your eyes blind?

Old 09-16-2018, 09:00 PM

At my home My mother is NO1. My father cooks. I never saw my mother cook. Many Chinese men are not interested in going to the United States. I have been to California once. But I don't want to go to the second time. I can't believe it. Many beggars in Losangeles Americans are not as tall I think Shandong men are taller than California men. (18 to 25 years old) Many California women are short. ..

Old 09-16-2018, 09:29 PM

I was in California in 2010. We have about 21 male students. 7 male students over 185cm My high school is in Zibo, Shandong. The average height is about 177cm to 178cm. 50% over 178cm But I saw Shandong students in California. 80% higher than 178cm Maybe we are from wealthy families.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:42 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
East Asian looking are pretty popular among a certain niche of White girls, especially the anime/manga type. Those tend to have a big bias towards Asian guys. Some of them will actually only consider dating Asian guys.
Now, outside of the otaku crowd, Asian dudes aren't generally highly desirable among White ladies. I am sure above-average looking Asian men have no problem dating girls from any race, but as it has already been said, many Asian men tend not to look nor act manly enough for many White girl's tastes. Looking/acting nerdy, being obsessed with video games, having no sense of fashion will not help you being attractive to girls. This probably explains why Asian girls dating men outside of their own stock is Asian men's pet peeve.

I think you are forgetting the Kpop/Kdrama lovers too. I have come across white women who have opened up to Asian men precisely because of exposure to them through those avenues...

Old 09-17-2018, 06:56 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Although it's not like every other family in China is like this, you know it's a stretch to call it "weird." It's common enough that it's unremarkable, and well known to be the case among Chinese people.

You may not know this since you aren't a foreign guy, but one of the most frequent things that I do hear from Chinese women here - and a significant number of first generation Asian American women as well - who prefer to date white dudes is that their father kept a mistress and they saw the impact it had against their family, specifically their mom, who was almost always expected to bear it. When I say this, I don’t say it to denigrate Chinese or Asian men, nor do I think that dating or marrying a white guy is a magic bullet against infidelity - that’s absurd and stupid, and I’ve warned Asian/-American female friends as much - but regardless of my feelings on it, that’s the reality of many women’s perceptions.

I dont think that it's as big a deal with younger people growing up in the modern era where women expect to be spoiled and with the deficit of women they sort of hold the cards, but for older men, it's a sign of status and wealth, and pretty common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia