Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 05:57 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,444,921 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Just doing some basic research on the average rents in Dubai? How about the cost of schools for expats?

Thanks all for any help.

Lip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 07:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,772,243 times
Hope you have a high six figure contract waiting as it is expensive.
https://property.mitula.ae/for-rent-...utm_medium=cpc

With my contracts, I had apartment rentals included in them.

Also
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/dubai

Old 05-24-2017, 05:54 AM

30,421 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Hi all,

Just doing some basic research on the average rents in Dubai? How about the cost of schools for expats?

Thanks all for any help.

Lip
Both are quite expensive. They should both be included in any Contract to go there. Otherwise, not a good deal. Also, if your're a US citizen, read up on and understand IRC 911.

If your housing and kids private school for people with kids is covered under your contract, Dubai is an excellent place to live for awhile.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:56 AM

Thanks, If it happens they will only cover housing for about 6 months or so. The salary is good (mid 100's usd) and bonus could double it. Just a possibility at this point nothing real concrete so just wanted to get a "feel" for the cost.

At this point I am paying about 1800 USD per month in rent, so some of the prices per year in Dubai don't seem that far fetched or am I missing something? Also the not paying US taxes on at least 1st 100K seems a big plus to me.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,772,243 times
US TAXES ABROAD FOR DUMMIES

https://www.americansabroad.org/us-t...ummies-update/

Old 05-24-2017, 03:58 PM

30,421 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Thanks, If it happens they will only cover housing for about 6 months or so. The salary is good (mid 100's usd) and bonus could double it. Just a possibility at this point nothing real concrete so just wanted to get a "feel" for the cost.

At this point I am paying about 1800 USD per month in rent, so some of the prices per year in Dubai don't seem that far fetched or am I missing something? Also the not paying US taxes on at least 1st 100K seems a big plus to me.
According to a site I like for Cost of Living comparisons, Dubai rent is 50-80% higher than Houston and overall cost is 22% higher than Houston. You mentioned expat school, that's seriously expensive. Also, are they including some flights home on your package?...they should. But yeah, it might work.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
According to a site I like for Cost of Living comparisons, Dubai rent is 50-80% higher than Houston and overall cost is 22% higher than Houston. You mentioned expat school, that's seriously expensive. Also, are they including some flights home on your package?...they should. But yeah, it might work.
It would include flights home but not school unfortunately. I might just go by myself if school is too expensive.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:52 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,028,291 times
Rent is usually high, frankly couldn't think of something more costly given the cheap taxis, gas, food... When I lived there 5 years ago I had good deal for monthly rent from Buy, Sell or Rent Property in Dubai, UAE | Better Homes LLC . It was for a house though and I got it 2-3 times cheaper than what average price will be. It was in "Arabian ranches" btw which is considered not-cheap, if you want cheaper consider Deira.

Old 09-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 14 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,927,422 times
Affordable and expensive simultaneously. To low wage countries, kind of a bit prohibitively expensive. Yet some good deals.

Look at the mixed situation:

I just spent $10 to $11 USD on a cup of coffee! That is the most expensive one I have ever bought before.
The most cheapest Hostel is around $19 recently. Which is actually kind of bad for those types of accommodation. A Hostel even in Seoul South Korea is only $5 to $9 for one example. Another high wage republic.
Basic essentials, and regular dining options with a Menu is not really fairly priced even for this one. $8 to $10 up to $15 to $20.
The subway metro system is around $2.10 in USD conversion. Sounds just a touch expensive just a solid somehow.

I still am able to find a 4 to 5 Stars Hotel for only $40 to $50 USD a night. Although, just a few options deep down. That is affordable. Some Fruit Juices and Bottles Of Water is only 0.30 to 0.90 Cents with $2 Falafel or Indian foods meal at the Spinneys. With bread for just $0.70 to $1.90. I am doing that occasionally to save cash funds to then afford the 5 Starts Hotels. And I need enough remaining for Jordan, Russia, Thailand after this.

People can still visit UAE on just $520 USD 10 Days Nights(Excluding the airplane tickets) if you are especially careful. In Turkey, much easier.

How much of the average population in UAE is really getting paid that well? Aren't the migrant workers from India, the Philippines and minimum wage workers struggling with inflation? Not absolutely everyone gets paid THAT WELL. Economics is still quite thriving. One of the best in Planet Earth, technically.

Residential Unit 2 Bedrooms $2,775 $ 2,688 USD= 9,000 to 10,000 UAE currency conversion. The competition is fierce. Even with the high wages, sounds very expensive. Inflation stressors is there. Probably around Light Moderate To even Darkest Yellow. Not quite universally Green for absolutely everyone or even the averages.

I am finding out about Shisha Hookah Nargile smoke prices next. One of the only things remaining. I look forward to the experience.

Last edited by ; 09-29-2021 at 04:06 PM..

Old 09-30-2021, 06:23 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 14 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,927,422 times
Well. the Nargile Smoke pipe action isn't really too expensive deep down considering the high wages. I am in one right now. $13 to $14 USD.

And 1 Bedrooms is much easier affordable monthly rent. Looks like having children with 2 bedroom is indeed way more expensive. I am sure like none of the Foreign Expats don't really have any children. At least not yet. Otherwise, maybe just have them live in a 1 bedroom only? Around $1,000 USD/3,600 to 3,700 UAE per month. What a major world of a difference.

Wireless Internet is easier to find in these Nargile lounges smoke venues in Istanbul Turkey especially and Dubai UAE than in regular Cafes Coffeehouses. Sounds exotic.

Please remember to visit Spinneys Chain Food Supermarket store, and get dirt cheap food(Middle Eastern, Asian Soups, Chinese, Indian, Euro Bread), and beverages(Fruit Juices and Water Bottles) over there. Then a lot of extra cash funds to save up for other things occasionally. Even over there coffee is very expensive, although! In a bottle or cup. Only in coffee powders minimal cost. Out of 22 Countries, first most expensive ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia