Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,637 times

Advertisements

yes why is it the religious right can cut atheist up gays up but a joke is made about them it is hate and they are under attack, just is a open question and believe all post should be left alone and not taken down. as this is a question from a atheist for atheist or to open minded christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM

745 posts, read 1,584,391 times
Well of course they need to get over themselves. They think they are absolutely 100% right without one shred of evidence.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,897,673 times
I have been an Atheist all of my 67 years and the Theists have never bothered me. In addition, I like their music, artwork, beautiful country churches, and fairy tales (i.e. their so-called holy books).

Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Of course they do. Atheist activism exists primarily as a reaction to Christian evangelism. Without Christians attempting to control people through political and legislative eans, atheists would not be inspired to, or feel the need to react.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 PM

278 posts, read 307,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Of course they do. Atheist activism exists primarily as a reaction to Christian evangelism. Without Christians attempting to control people through political and legislative eans, atheists would not be inspired to, or feel the need to react.

Nicely worded. It's true. If god didn't factor into politics and infringe on our daily lives, we atheists would put down the stick and step away from the dead horse.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:08 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
yes why is it the religious right can cut atheist up gays up but a joke is made about them it is hate and they are under attack, just is a open question and believe all post should be left alone and not taken down. as this is a question from a atheist for atheist or to open minded christians.
They're losing, and they know it, and it scares them.

At the rate things are going, being a member of an organized religious organization in 100 or 200 years will have about as many people as the Klan does today.

Their cries that "the sky is falling" are shown to be lies with the actual truth comes out.

Ergo, they're in full-out panic mode.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I have been an Atheist all of my 67 years and the Theists have never bothered me. In addition, I like their music, artwork, beautiful country churches, and fairy tales (i.e. their so-called holy books).
i also enjoy the art work and the older church buildings i was thinking of the way many self martor themselves, with persecution that's not there. you know how they take giving rights to someone they should of had a gay marriage is a attack on them. or allowing another religion to host a open public feastival

Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM

283 posts, read 508,474 times
The "religious right" is constantly being haranged by liberal pro-Gay groups for their intolerance of homosexuals. Where have you been? What with today's declining morals and absurd sense of entitlement that permeate this country, nobody is safe from being chastized for speaking out against Gay people.
Add on the fact that most of our media is uber-liberal as well, and almost not a week goes by without someone being dragged under the wheels for making an anti-gay statement.
The liberal sense of entitlement and obsession with political correctness has now reached comic proportions. Last night, for example, Bill O'Reilly had as a guest on his show a woman who headed a group who objected to Illegal Aliens being called "illegal."

Madness.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
What with today's declining morals and absurd sense of entitlement that permeate this country, nobody is safe from being chastized for speaking out against Gay people.
This is satire, right?

Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 PM

17,809 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post

The liberal sense of entitlement and obsession with political correctness has now reached comic proportions.
Honestly, Christians/Religious people are the ones who invented the concept that words are bad. You can't even use certain words on this forum because religious people are "offended" by them.

Religious people are offended by things just as liberals are offended by other things.

There is a certain irony about your "entitlement" concept as well considering YOUR "GOD" feels entitled to at least 10% of your earnings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism