Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,371 times

Advertisements

That abortion donuts thing was hilarious. Some people just look for things to get worked up over.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
I heard what he said too. So different than G.H.W. Bush saying that atheists are not citizens and patriots. I am so surprised it wasn't said that atheists are not human. Maybe a later president will say that, another Bush? Oh, now I really have a headache.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
While I am hopeful and pro-Obama in most ways...I cannot help remembering an old saying" "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". So...I am cautiously waiting and watching.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
While I am hopeful and pro-Obama in most ways...I cannot help remembering an old saying" "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". So...I am cautiously waiting and watching.
I think that is the wise way to look at the next year or two. The job and the list of things to correct would be impossible for any individual, and extra hard for a person stepping into a new job of that level. Saying that, I think he has done a cracker job so far. He has crossed more party lines than Bush did in eight years, and seems to be direct to all sides when he makes a decision. I love the reverse on Stem Cell, and like the talks getting started with Russia again.
I am eager to see who gets the Supreme Court appointment. I hope he can replace several members this year, but that will take luck and the realization of those older members of the Supreme Court that they need to move on now not later.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitwo8765 View Post
i was not saying obama is part of the religious right just to clarify, i just meant the religious right only tend to believe its their way or the highway
lol, no need to explain yourself, I understood what you were saying.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
I'm a Christian, and I was fine with it. What's the big deal?

Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I'm a Christian, and I was fine with it. What's the big deal?
You would have to go review some of the topics in the christianity forum to see what they are saying. Some of the more fundamentalist believers think he is the anti-christ! I read a few things over there, but I still don't understand why they hate him so. He is a christian himself, after all.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,615 times
Obama is just another Illinois politician. Corruption, greed, back door deals, big government, etc. The only change coming is that more of our money will be gone to pay back these insane taxes we will face in upcoming years to repay these insane loans.

The reality is that this "stimulus" package is just government pay-offs & waste to those they owe favors to.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:33 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Obama is just another Illinois politician. Corruption, greed, back door deals, big government, etc. The only change coming is that more of our money will be gone to pay back these insane taxes we will face in upcoming years to repay these insane loans.

The reality is that this "stimulus" package is just government pay-offs & waste to those they owe favors to.
ok.

too bad this post has nothing to do with your argument.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
ok.

too bad this post has nothing to do with your argument.
Obama supports taking a baby and ripping its limbs off or taking a scalpel to the baby's head and jabbing its brain in order to murder it. Obama is a supporter of child-killing.

In Illinois, babies were being aborted alive and then shelved to die in soiled utility rooms. It was infanticide and Obama supported that.

While a Senator, Obama voted against legislation protecting live babies because it might infringe on women's rights or abortionists' rights. So if the abortion went wrong and the baby was born and alive, Obama wanted that baby to be thrown into the garbage can where it can die in the trash can.

Obama is a disgrace to humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism