Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 11:25 AM

117 posts, read 255,420 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am leaving the area and looking for suggestions on who to use, professional, reputable movers you've used recently....

Trying to weed out the scammers.

Your opinion is appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 AM

7 posts, read 12,591 times
I just moved to the area about 3 weeks ago and used Allied Movers to relocate from California.

Moving Companies | Movers Of Choice | Allied Van Lines

My wife and I didn't have to wrap, box, or move one thing the whole time. Day 1 they came in and boxed everything up. Day 2 they loaded everything onto the truck. It took about 10 days to get shipped to our new address but once it got there, we didn't have to do anything. They unloaded everything, placed it where we told them, and then re-assembled our sons crib, our bed, and anything else.

I highly recommend them if you can use them. I think they are based out of Colorado but I would think they would pack/unload anywhere.

My company paid for the relocation so I am not exactly sure what their costs are. Also, they did ship my wife's car on the truck along with our stuff--just an fyi

Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Well, under the same circumstances we were happy with Suddath, which has performed two long-distance moves for us. I think it's a totally different situation for anyone who has to move themselves. Corporations spend big bucks on movers, and the movers are very interested in keeping those lucrative accounts.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM

183 posts, read 352,951 times
Default Crown Moving

We used Crown Moving when we moved from CA to GA. Because you are paying out of your own pocket (not company relo), be careful. Many companies will quote you an "estimate", then will add more once they load your things up and"weigh" the truck kwim? By then, you can't really say no.

Crown is nationwide, so I'm pretty sure you can call up your local office. Let them know this is NOT a company relo. They will send someone out to look at your stuff, and will give you a price THAT IS FIXED!! They will not charge you more than that.

They will weigh your items, and if it is LESS that what they originally estimated (like ours was), they will refund you the difference. If it weighs more, you got a deal! lol

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta