Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2020, 06:00 AM

105 posts, read 117,258 times

Advertisements

I Currently Live In NC and I'm Thinking about Relocating to Atlanta for a year to get a feel of the place. I plan on staying for at least a year. I Have Applied to a few places including AmaZon which I consider a last resort job. lol. I Currently Work at a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company (West Pharmaceutical Services if you must know) and my current pay is 17.9. 17.9 isn't really that high but I would like a job that pays at the minimum 17. I want to know is if there are any Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing Jobs in the area that pay $18/hr or more? for frame f reference I don't have a degreed so the job will have to be "Entry level" or assessable to those without higher education. I'm looking for Pharmaceutical and manufacturing jobs because that what I have experience I, but any job that is open to me that pays 17-18/hr will be a blessing. I don want to take a pay cut. I Feel like anything under 17/hr I will have a hard time keeping my bills paid. So if y'all can help me out and give some recommendations that would be great. and I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 07:10 AM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Look into Scientific Games in N.Alpharetta off Bluegrass Pkwy & McFarland Rd. It is a giant press that prints lottery tickets. Its industrial but pays decently.

There are several warehouses scattered throughout the metro such as Carters Distribution Center in Brasleton or UPS in both Doraville and Alpharetta

There is also OnePath in Kennesaw that hires tech support and field technicians and there are also plenty of other tech support roles paying what you’re seeking. Search Careerbuilder and Monster as well as the AJC.

There are probably countless other options but can’t think of them off the top of my head.

Also use a hiring agency like HireDynamics (Duluth and Alpharetta) or Horizon Staffing (Roswell)

If it were me though you should probably come down and enroll in a college / get a major going and use student finances for housing while increasing your career options while living frugally as possible. Your time in Atlanta wont be much different than NC at that salary level. Not bashing ya or anything it’s just, I personally wouldn’t consider making a move at that salary, and I definitely wouldn’t move anywhere to work with Amazon at any level of their hierarchy.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 08-19-2020 at 07:24 AM..

Old 08-19-2020, 12:50 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,703,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
I Currently Live In NC and I'm Thinking about Relocating to Atlanta for a year to get a feel of the place. I plan on staying for at least a year. I Have Applied to a few places including AmaZon which I consider a last resort job. lol. I Currently Work at a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company (West Pharmaceutical Services if you must know) and my current pay is 17.9. 17.9 isn't really that high but I would like a job that pays at the minimum 17. I want to know is if there are any Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing Jobs in the area that pay $18/hr or more? for frame f reference I don't have a degreed so the job will have to be "Entry level" or assessable to those without higher education. I'm looking for Pharmaceutical and manufacturing jobs because that what I have experience I, but any job that is open to me that pays 17-18/hr will be a blessing. I don want to take a pay cut. I Feel like anything under 17/hr I will have a hard time keeping my bills paid. So if y'all can help me out and give some recommendations that would be great. and I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
You should totally be able to find something. Hell, Target now pays $15/hour.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:33 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Might be worthwhile to check with Ciba Vision. They have a large contact lens factory on the Northside.

Good luck!

Old 08-19-2020, 06:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,250,342 times
I saw this recently in Peachtree Corners

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...FGM5CHIX6CW5U/

CarMax is hiring more than 200 people to work at its Peachtree Corners customer contact center, Partnership Gwinnett announced Thursday.

The newly announced expansion adds 230 jobs, 30% of which the company hopes to fill with bilingual Spanish-speakers.

Consultants can earn “up to $22 an hour or more” and assistants earn $15 per hour. Bilingual workers are eligible for a pay premium (study up on your DuoLingo!!!)

Old 08-20-2020, 08:14 AM

651 posts, read 476,343 times
What bring you down here?

NC has a much better job market.

Old 08-20-2020, 08:28 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
What bring you down here?

NC has a much better job market.
It depends.

Right now, Atlanta's great for FinTech and warehouse jobs (virtually no film production is happening and Delta is all but a hot mess).

But overall, I tend to agree with NC being better between Biotech in Raleigh and Finance in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta