Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 AM

115 posts, read 103,840 times

Advertisements

HB 757 is expected to go for a vote on Monday. This bill will have a devastating effect on Georgia's economy and reputation. Allowing state sanctioned discrimination toward LGBT people, unwed mothers, interracial couples and African Americans is embarrassing and WRONG! Please help in defeating it. EVER CALL MATTERS.

Call house minority leader Stacey Abram's NOW and leave a message demanding HB 757 not pass.

(404) 656-5058

Thank you to all who care about keeping hate out of Georgia.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:44 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,445,497 times
Its amazing how people throw African Americans into the mix. When we have always and is current hated by some existing legislation in the State of Georgia. Is this the right thread for this post?

Old 02-21-2016, 09:06 AM

I agree with you and I honestly know that not all people in Georgia promote or condone hatred towards black people. It is the disgusting, ignorant few who continue the legacy of hatred towards anyone not exactly like them and allowing discrimination to happen towards any minority is opening the door for it to happen to all minorities.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:26 AM

Telecom company abandoning Georgia after sweeping anti-gay bill passes: ‘We don’t tolerate that crap’

Telecom company abandoning Georgia after sweeping anti-gay bill passes: ‘We don’t tolerate that crap’

Old 02-21-2016, 11:58 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,390,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherATL View Post
HB 757 is expected to go for a vote on Monday. This bill will have a devastating effect on Georgia's economy and reputation. Allowing state sanctioned discrimination toward LGBT people, unwed mothers, interracial couples and African Americans is embarrassing and WRONG! Please help in defeating it. EVER CALL MATTERS.

Call house minority leader Stacey Abram's NOW and leave a message demanding HB 757 not pass.

(404) 656-5058

Thank you to all who care about keeping hate out of Georgia.
Uh...never liked these..."take my word for it and oppose this"...stuff. Make your case.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:13 PM

I'm sorry, I was under the impression this fight was common knowledge. Sorry.

HB 757 is a bill passed by the state Senate that states people can legally refuse service to anyone based on religious beliefs. It also allows for tax payer funded organizations to do the same. It is part of the backlash against marriage equality that will sanction discrimination against ANYONE, including blacks, Muslim's, unwed mothers, interracial couples and yes, the LGBT community. It's the same turbid bill that got Indiana boycotted last year until they changed the law.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 PM

Not turbid...type of.

It is the same bill that the Republican sponsor admitted would protect the KKK and other hate groups. They would only have to register as a religious organization to qualify for tax payer money and legal protection.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:49 PM

524 posts, read 522,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Its amazing how people throw African Americans into the mix. When we have always and is current hated by some existing legislation in the State of Georgia. Is this the right thread for this post?
They always do that when they want to create panic and draw support for their own cause. And by "they," I mean gays. This bill has nothing to do with African Americans.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:52 PM

524 posts, read 522,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherATL View Post

A tiny, unheard of telecom company won't make much of an impact. They were probably relocating anyway.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:10 PM

It absolutely DOES have to do with all minorities. You are a bold faced liar in saying it doesn't. The state senator who authored the bill stated very clearly that this law will protect the KKK because they are registered as a religious organization with the state. You are deflecting attention from this gesture you know if minorities stand together and fight this, we will. The only thing this law will do is empower bigots to use a law to get out of punishment when they discriminate.

BTW, don't insult me by speaking for me. You have no right to tell others what my intentions are with this post. I posted it, I know what the bill says and I encourage all of you to read it for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta