Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:42 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Anybody who misses a radio station that much seriously needs to get an mp3 player.

Mediocre music and commercials... Yay!
Ehhh, you must have never heard a station with DJ's who are actually in it for the love of the music rather than because they want to be celebrities themselves. Also, I've driven through several different areas of the country and I've picked up some really eclectic stations that reflect on their regions; the ultra-hippie station I picked up near Eureka, California, the Skiffle-playing AM station I picked up on Route 66 in the Mojave Desert, and the all-bluegrass station out of Knoxville are just a few examples. I think it really sucks that we are losing these sort of stations and the serendipity of stumbling upon these stations while flipping the dial in an unfamiliar area. On the other hand, I think it's awesome that I can find all sorts of specialty shows(ex. The Big Broadcast on WFUV) online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Pretty much. But don't forget all the terrible country aimed at reminiscent middle class baby boomers and rap brought to you by the AUTOLYRICS GENERATOR 3000....

Insert phrase about money---Insert phrase about hos --- Insert random words that sounds tough because a black guy is saying it --- Insert phrase about how great *____* is --- Insert random YEA --- Insert phrase about money --- Insert phrase about hos --- Insert random YEA --- Insert phrase about getting high --- Insert phrase about random luxury car --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA ---Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA --- Insert random YEA

Project 961 was for people who don't know better. They constantly played music from 10 years ago that was TERRIBLE when in came out. Trapt, Staind, POD...are you kidding me?
"Modern" rock is absolutely awful. I lost a lot of respect for a friend and former musical collaborator when he started listening to crap like Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Insane Clown Posse. I will admit to listening to Korn(you gotta admit their first album was pretty badass) when I was a kid but even they couldn't drop two albums without becoming obnoxious knuckle-draggers. I think that particular subgenre of music is the only type I hate more than ATL Rap(Waka or whatever) and contemporary country. I mean, it actually makes me physically ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
"Modern" rock is absolutely awful. I lost a lot of respect for a friend and former musical collaborator when he started listening to crap like Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Insane Clown Posse. I will admit to listening to Korn(you gotta admit their first album was pretty badass) when I was a kid but even they couldn't drop two albums without becoming obnoxious knuckle-draggers. I think that particular subgenre of music is the only type I hate more than ATL Rap(Waka or whatever) and contemporary country. I mean, it actually makes me physically ill.
If you lose respect for people based on their tastes in music, then you're a supercilious music snob. Get over yourself.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM

730 posts, read 827,729 times
I like the new station. I love me some pop hits. Completely commercial free too!!! How is that possible?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times
99x just changed to "The Bone" which is more of an active rock station it seems.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,034 times
If there is anything I can hold my head up high and confidently feel "supercilious" about, it is my disdain for anybody who has a shred of appreciation for Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, or Insane Clown Posse. Taste in music undoubtedly reflects someones core values and those "artists" reflect nothing but ignorance and idiocy.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,870,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
If there is anything I can hold my head up high and confidently feel "supercilious" about, it is my disdain for anybody who has a shred of appreciation for Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, or Insane Clown Posse. Taste in music undoubtedly reflects someones core values and those "artists" reflect nothing but ignorance and idiocy.
i normally would call judging people based on their taste in music unfair, but honestly i have to agree, if i find out someone listens to insane clown posse and takes it seriously, i really question their intelligence. there's a difference between listening to pop music, knowing it's not all that great but enjoying it for what it is, and counting off insane clown posse, limp bizkit, et. al as your favourite bands, to the point that you buy their records and attend their concerts. the music is for the idiotic attempting to be prophetic.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:59 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
Well what's interesting is, Project 9-6-1 only occasionally played music from Kid Rock, seldom played music from Limp Bizkit, and never played music from Insane Clown Posse. So if you're assuming that fans of any of those musicians/bands were Project's core demographic, then you'd be sorely mistaken, and your entire argument against the station is pointless.

By the way, Kid Rock can play the guitar, bass guitar, banjo, piano, harmonica and drums. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I respect him for being a talented musician.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:28 AM

69 posts, read 189,541 times
If you're one of the 4 people who have an HD radio, Project 9-6-2 as it's called, is still on 96.1 HD2.
It's commercial free, and playlist is very 99x ish. Otherwise, plug in your Iphone or Droid and Pandora, Spotify or Tune-In Radio it.

I'm fortunate to still have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on my Verizon Iphone, and am using it quite a bit now.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
I like the new station. I love me some pop hits. Completely commercial free too!!! How is that possible?
That's just for the first little bit...it's their gimmick. Won't be commercial-free for long. Plenty of Miley Cyrus radio commercials coming.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFLASHPORT View Post
If you're one of the 4 people who have an HD radio, Project 9-6-2 as it's called, is still on 96.1 HD2.
It's commercial free, and playlist is very 99x ish. Otherwise, plug in your Iphone or Droid and Pandora, Spotify or Tune-In Radio it.

I'm fortunate to still have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on my Verizon Iphone, and am using it quite a bit now.
That is tougher for those of us who have cars that don't have any inputs for phones/mp3 players in our cars. The only option is an FM transmitter and I have never found a good one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: