Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
I tried match.com, and all I got were guys from out of town looking to fool around. I'm 45 and single and I have given up on finding someone, so I just go and do the things I like. When I go out to eat, I usually sit at these bar to eat dinner; I go to the high museum a good bit for jazz Fridays, I take myself to the movies, etc. Most men my age are married or searching for trophy wives or Barbie dolls, so I just gave up.
You gave up? Girl, you know what that means. Love is getting ready to land on you like a ton of bricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 AM

246 posts, read 374,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
You won't find people like that in "bars". Try a church, a gym or a martial arts class.
I love how "church" is always an answer to "where should I go to pick up women?"

First, I don't know very many single women who go & hang out at church either by themselves or with their gal pals. Second, how creepy would it be as you are passing the offering plate to slip the cute girl sitting down the pew from you a note asking "hey sexy. What are you doing after the sermon?" Third, if someone is looking for a "godly" woman, they more than likely already go to church & are aware of their options there. The only "god" that a lot of guys are looking for in a woman is the one yelled repeatedly with "Oh" before it.

I'm not knocking religion, church, or anyone who is on the hunt for a good religious woman. I just chuckle every time someone suggests using church as a potential hook-up location.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:45 AM

148 posts, read 232,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWjr View Post
I love how "church" is always an answer to "where should I go to pick up women?"

First, I don't know very many single women who go & hang out at church either by themselves or with their gal pals. Second, how creepy would it be as you are passing the offering plate to slip the cute girl sitting down the pew from you a note asking "hey sexy. What are you doing after the sermon?" Third, if someone is looking for a "godly" woman, they more than likely already go to church & are aware of their options there. The only "god" that a lot of guys are looking for in a woman is the one yelled repeatedly with "Oh" before it.

I'm not knocking religion, church, or anyone who is on the hunt for a good religious woman. I just chuckle every time someone suggests using church as a potential hook-up location.
Just thinking off the top of my head, all of the single women I know in your age range go to church, most of the time by themselves or with other singles. Most of them are looking for the same thing you are. Also, if you get involved, you can also meet other guys, become friends, and then you become friends with their girl friends. It could be a way of expanding your social circle and comfort zone outside of the normals at the bars you go to. Not all people who go to church have a priority to minister to everyone they meet. I wouldn't go to church just for those reasons, but it is an option to meet people in general.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:22 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Consider checking out some of the places in Decatur, Lil 5, and EAV too. Brickstore, Leon's, Porter, Graveyard, Elder Tree, Argosy, to name a few off the top of my head.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:13 PM

71 posts, read 81,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
So I moved here 2 years ago when I was 24. I moved into my cozy midtown high rise and love it here. The thing is - outside of RiRa I hate midtown bars.

I spend 95% of my time in bars over in the Virginia Highlands. I like the crowd more but I feel like I am getting to old for the Emory (we call them Emroids) crowd of people.

Last summer I discovered the Warren City Club and loved it! I like the mid 20-30's age group, most the people I've met are adults with their sh*t together.

Are there any other places like this? i absolutely can not stand fratty buckhead - there are about 3 bars I will go to there.

So where is a good spot to find a crowd of late twenties with their rear in gear and head on straight?
Where were men like you when I lived in Atlanta? I'm a mid-20s female professional who HATED Buckhead and couldn't understand why my friends always wanted to go out there! I was not a fan of Midtown either and spent most of my time in VaHi. Now I sadly live in the Midwest, but miss the VaHi area alot!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:21 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
So where is a good spot to find a crowd of late twenties with their rear in gear and head on straight?
I'm no expert on this but I sure would right off some of the bars and clubs in the suburbs. You will sure meet a lot of quality people.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWjr View Post

Church is actually the worst place to "pick-up" women. Christian women are looking for a potential future husband, so they have high standards. You have to be a saved Christian guy yourself. I've attended a church for 2 years in San Diego and didn't date a single girl there (oh and btw its the same church that Carrie Prejean was going too. Remember her?) Most girls there were stuck-up and cliquish. I imagine Buckhead Church to be similar to that.

Overall, I think Atlanta is one of the best cities for a male. With so many single professional women, its the kind of place where guys have options and girls have competition. Just go on any online dating site.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:15 AM

890 posts, read 1,649,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscd71 View Post
I hate to say it, and I'm not being funny... but match.com, and sites like that. I know so many people who have met good friends and/or their spouses online.
Online dating is ok. It helps me weed out people. I'm 27/f...I've had one good guy and the others were either socially awkward or wanted to sleep with me...but hey one is better than none

Old 08-03-2013, 03:56 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,907,374 times
I walked around Piedmont Park for an hour today and they are EVERYWHERE. A couple of them even smiled at me (you have to be watching for this, and smile back!) and I'm not exactly a Brad Pitt look-alike. It's not a mystery as to where they are (everywhere), it's a matter of being confident once you're in their presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: