Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM

221 posts, read 248,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Maybe if you were more informed, you would know that his health law isn't government run healthcare.

Seriously turn down the AM radio and FOX and actually learn about policy.
You probably learn about policy from the creepy Chris Hayes on MSNBC, or Jon Stewart. LOL

ObamaCare is only partially run government healthcare but everybody knows it is a stepping stone to single payer, Obama has admitted as much to liberal audiences in private. I've heard the audio on AM radio that you told me not to listen and there is no doubt about what he meant. ObamaCare is designed to put private insurance companies out of business by make their policies so unaffordable that corporations start to dump their plans for their employees and those employees can only go to the government at that point.

If Obamacare wasn' about government controlling or intruding into healthcare, there would be no reason for Congress to pass a Obamacare in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,146,328 times
Quote:
You probably learn about policy from the creepy Chris Hayes on MSNBC, or Jon Stewart. LOL
That's part of your problem, everything is partisan. One need not have to watch MSNBC or the Daily Show to know basic information on the ACA.

Quote:
ObamaCare is only partially run government healthcare but everybody knows it is a stepping stone to single payer,
No, it's not. It might be if the Confederates around here continue to refuse exchanges which involve private companies etc and act in other ridiculous ways. That would be ironic though.

Quote:
ObamaCare is designed to put private insurance companies out of business by make their policies so unaffordable that corporations start to dump their plans for their employees and those employees can only go to the government at that point.
Wow you are truly uninformed.... misinformed really. The ACA does the exact opposite, it's enabled private companies and they supported it. If they didn't want the ACA and its new customers, they would have squashed it and you know they could have if they wanted to. Sure, they had to bite the bullet on a few very popular things like benefit limits and pre-existing conditions (which the GOP would kill) but over all it's more business for them and more competitive business, but I guess you don't like that....

Quote:
If Obamacare wasn' about government controlling or intruding into healthcare, there would be no reason for Congress to pass a Obamacare in the first place.
Nope, you said it was government run healthcare which would mean government all the way through, not just single payer, but like the VA. This ain't that. It's private providers (mostly) and insurance companies.

You've demonstrated that you know very little on this matter and apparently didn't know how broken our health insurance system is that necessitated government involvement to help improve it.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:47 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,354,042 times
Quote:
That's part of your problem, everything is partisan.
Says the clown who started throwing the partisan barbs.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Says the clown who started throwing the partisan barbs.
Apparently you can't read, clown. I didn't make a partisan jab. I simply stated that one shouldn't rely on extreme partisan sources like the ones I listed and actually learn about the law.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
That's part of your problem, everything is partisan. One need not have to watch MSNBC or the Daily Show to know basic information on the ACA.

No, it's not. It might be if the Confederates around here continue to refuse exchanges which involve private companies etc and act in other ridiculous ways. That would be ironic though.

Wow you are truly uninformed.... misinformed really. The ACA does the exact opposite, it's enabled private companies and they supported it. If they didn't want the ACA and its new customers, they would have squashed it and you know they could have if they wanted to. Sure, they had to bite the bullet on a few very popular things like benefit limits and pre-existing conditions (which the GOP would kill) but over all it's more business for them and more competitive business, but I guess you don't like that....

Nope, you said it was government run healthcare which would mean government all the way through, not just single payer, but like the VA. This ain't that. It's private providers (mostly) and insurance companies.

You've demonstrated that you know very little on this matter and apparently didn't know how broken our health insurance system is that necessitated government involvement to help improve it.
there is a reason why insurance companies have pre-existing conditions, to prevent people trying to game the system, waiting until they get sick or need surgery to buy insurance. Insurance companies will have to raise premiums for everybody to cover people with pre-existing conditions who are gaming the system. that is why insurance costs have already gone up 100 to 400 percent in some areas since Obamacare went into effect.

You don't know what you are talking, bro.. It is people like you who support the polices that have lead to this dismal econommy for four years, the out of control government spending and debt. I don't need you lecturing me on Obamacare , it is exactly what I said it is. Obama is a big government guy and he hates corporations. You are not judge and jury on this issue and leftwingers are an ignorant bunch. A bunch of blue collar hicks along with rich jackazzes who already got their wealth and don't mind overtaxing the people still trying to get theirs.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Apparently you can't read, clown. I didn't make a partisan jab. I simply stated that one shouldn't rely on extreme partisan sources like the ones I listed and actually learn about the law.
You do listen and/or read leftwing sources, your talking points straight from there. You aren't going to "know" anything if you don't listen/read other people's opinions. If you just reading Obama's talking points about Obamacare, then you are a bigger fool than I realized.

You need to work on being intellectually honest because it isn't true you aren't a leftwing partisan and you get your info from leftwing sources which includes Obama himself. Boom.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM

Presented without comment:

“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” (applause) “I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that’s what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. And that’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we have to take back the White House, we have to take back the Senate, and we have to take back the House.” Obama speaking to the Illinois AFL-CIO, June 30, 2003.

In just about seven weeks, people will be able to start buying Obamacare-approved insurance plans through the new health care exchanges. But already, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot. Reid said he thinks the country has to “work our way past” insurance-based health care during a Friday night appearance on Vegas PBS’ program, Nevada Week in Review. “What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said. When then asked by panelist Steve Sebelius whether he meant ultimately the country would have to have a health care system that abandoned insurance as the means of accessing it, Reid said: “Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes.”

n shocking video uncovered by our good friends at Naked Emperor News, Obama, speaking at SEIU's New Leadership Health Care Forum on March 24, 2007, said, "My commitment is to make sure that we have universal healthcare for all Americans by the end of my first term as President."Later in the discussion, he elaborated: I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There's going to be potentially some transition process.

Read more: Obama in 2007 Said He Wanted to Eliminate Private Health Insurance | NewsBusters

Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
there is a reason why insurance companies have pre-existing conditions, to prevent people trying to game the system, waiting until they get sick or need surgery to buy insurance
that's the whole point of the individual mandate - something advocated 20 years ago by the Heritage Foundation.

Quote:
that is why insurance costs have already gone up 100 to 400 percent in some areas since Obamacare went into effect.
Insurance costs have been out of control for many, many years and actually there has been some leveling off since the ACA went into effect.

Quote:
You don't know what you are talking, bro.
I know exactly what I'm talking about and you have demonstrated that you don't know anything and admit that what you do know is AM radio nonsense.

Quote:
It is people like you who support the polices that have lead to this dismal econommy for four year
We've had conservative policies for 30 years. Those policies created this mess. President Obama is one of the few adults trying to clean up the mess.

Quote:
I don't need you lecturing me on Obamacare
Then educate yourself and grow up.

Quote:
Obama is a big government guy and he hates corporations
He pushed and got a low largely involving private enterprise. He got more business for private enterprise.

He didn't seek out a liberal plan for health care. You should be thrilled.

Quote:
You are not judge and jury on this issue
That's right. I'm merely calling you out.

Quote:
A bunch of blue collar hicks along with rich jackazzes who already got their wealth and don't mind overtaxing the people still trying to get theirs.

Quote:
You do listen and/or read leftwing sources, your talking points straight from there
I don't care for talking points. I simply noted facts. Call them talking points, or left wing, whatever, but I don't need "liberal" anything, nor do I care.

Quote:
You need to work on being intellectually honest because it isn't true you aren't a leftwing partisan and you get your info from leftwing sources which includes Obama himself. Boom.
I get it. You're an irrational, immature partisan. I called you out. You've got nothing, so now you cry.

Yeah, I'm the big liberal because I simply acknowledge that the ACA is largely a funnel for new private business... a law based on Bob Dole and Mitt Romneycare... and the conservative think tank policies of the 1990's as alternatives to Hillary Clinton's proposal.

Boom indeed.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM

You are an Obama fan boy. Anybody who talks up this J. Wright and Bill Ayers protege is a fool. He's never done anything in his life and after 5 years of a dismal economy with out of control spending and no jobs to show for it, it is clear he is a failure.

No conservative was a fan out of RomneyCare, that was done on a state level in a very liberal state, Romney had to pander to governor up there. His pushing RomneyCare was a huge reason why he loss b/c a lot of voters didnt trust him to repeal ObamaCare, he basically took the issue off the table which was why he had a hard time sealing up the nomination in the first place.

Your Heritage talking point is absurd and straight from Obama. The mandate was not supported by everybody at Heritage, and it was only proposed at the time as an alternative to HIllarycare which was single payer. Heritage has not supported that in years, and no other conservative think tank or group ever supported the mandate.

I noticed you ignored the Obama quotes and Harry reid quotes indicating that I am exactly right about ObamaCare being a stepping stone to single payer. The goal of Obamacare is to make private insurance plans to expensive, so that employers dump them, and then people have to go to government for it.

I am not sure why you are so emotional about this issue since it is the law now, you still trying to sell it for a reason, I guess you looked at the polls where 60 percent of americans are against it. LOL

Old 09-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You are an Obama fan boy.
Since you didn't read...

I simply acknowledge that the ACA is largely a funnel for new private business... a law based on Bob Dole and Mitt Romneycare... and the conservative think tank policies of the 1990's as alternatives to Hillary Clinton's proposal.

Quote:
Anybody who talks up this J. Wright and Bill Ayers protege is a fool
Ooohhhh AM radio style empty, baseless name dropping. Please proceed...

Quote:
He's never done anything in his life and after 5 years of a dismal economy with out of control spending and no jobs to show for it, it is clear he is a failure.
Once again, clueless.

Quote:
Your Heritage talking point is absurd and straight from Obama
No, straight from history. You can even find historical info on their own site regarding it.
Quote:
and no other conservative think tank or group ever supported the mandate
bull sh it and you either you know you are puking BS or are clueless on that point as well.

Quote:
I noticed you ignored the Obama quotes and Harry reid quotes indicating that I am exactly right about ObamaCare being a stepping stone to single payer
I didn't ignore anything. Great, you proved you know how to cut and paste, so what? Obama ruled out single payer, period. Once again, it's a mostly conservative policy that was put into law and you hate only because you are being told to. It's certainly not because you are well informed at all.

Now I've called you and also called you out for being emotional and irrational... so what do you do. Nothing, but silly AM radio talking points and comments and oh yeah, calling me emotional for calling you out.

Now, I could care less to go round and round with an uninformed Confederate, so make your tired response and I will acknowledge once again, the facts. Please proceed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: