Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,560,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Are there actually homes in the historic part of Suwanee?
The "historic" part of Suwanee, aka old town, is a 3 block by 2 block area of one-lane streets on a steep hillside at the bottom of which are the railroad tracks with virtually nothing in between [i.e., nothing to buffer train noise at WTF o'clock in the morning]. By all means, check it out for yourself, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
WTF o'clock in the morning].
I love this -- too funny!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,485,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64
Are there actually homes in the historic part of Suwanee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
The "historic" part of Suwanee, aka old town, is a 3 block by 2 block area of one-lane streets on a steep hillside at the bottom of which are the railroad tracks with virtually nothing in between [i.e., nothing to buffer train noise at WTF o'clock in the morning]. By all means, check it out for yourself, though.
...This is a good point.

The historic areas of a suburban city like Suwanee and some of the other more well-known suburban cities around and outside of Atlanta (like Duluth, etc) may be somewhat small in relation to the size of the rest of the area with an mailing address with the town's name.

This is because before they were overtaken by multiple waves of exurban, suburban and even urban development most of these now-well known suburban cities and towns were basically very-small rural villages that might have consisted of anywhere from just a handful of houses and commercial buildings to just a few houses and maybe one stoplight.

This is why many of the historic areas of outlying suburban cities and towns may seem somewhat small in relation to the rest of the surrounding area with a city or town's mailing address.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 PM

18 posts, read 48,280 times
any recommendation for new (less than 3-4 years old /new developments) subdivision in johns creek for ~$400k? looking for a nice swim/tennis community. husband will be commuting to gainesville. Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 12:56 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,485,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anivas View Post
any recommendation for new (less than 3-4 years old /new developments) subdivision in johns creek for ~$400k? looking for a nice swim/tennis community. husband will be commuting to gainesville. Thanks
At this point, almost all of the residential development in Johns Creek is relatively very-young in the grand scheme of things but is older than the 3-4 year-old time frame with much of the newer development in the price-range that you are looking for being attached single-family homes (Northeastern-style row house townhomes).

If you don't mind living in an attached single-family home, look in the "Abbotts Bridge Place" luxury gated swim-tennis townhome community just off of GA Hwy 141 Medlock Bridge Road south of the intersection with GA 120 Abbotts Bridge Road.
Abbotts Bridge Place Duluth Townhomes For Sale in Fulton County 30097

You could also try looking inside of "The Gates at Johns Creek" which is a gated swim-tennis community of mostly detached single-family homes and a few townhomes off of Technology Circle between McGinnis Ferry Road and Johns Creek Circle near the major junction of GA Hwy 141 and McGinnis Ferry Road, though the community is supposedly sold-out at the moment.
The Gates at Johns Creek | SR Homes

You could also try looking inside of "Abberley Towneship" which is a gated swim-tennis community of attached single-family homes (Northeastern-style row house townhomes) and very closely-spaced detached single-family homes off of State Bridge Road just east of Jones Bridge Road.
http://theprovidencegroup.com/abberley-township

The aforementioned developments are the only swim-tennis communities with homes built within the last 3-4 years and prices under $400k that I am aware of personally as Johns Creek is seemingly almost completely built-out at this point with most of the existing residential development (in both swim-tennis and non swim-tennis communities) being detached single-family homes that are more than 4 years old.

If you want to try and find more swim-tennis communities with newer homes built within the last 3-4 years in the under $400k price range you will likely have to look in neighboring Forsyth County (in the area of nearby South Forsyth County with Suwanee and Cumming addresses where new residential development is still being built at a high rate) in swim-tennis communities like:

..."Waterstone Falls" off of Trammel Road between Windermere Parkway and GA 20 Buford Highway
Waterstone Falls - New Homes in Cumming, GA 30041 | Ryland Homes

...The brand-spanking new "Edgebrook at James Creek" off of Melody Mizer Lane between Windermere Parkway and Old Atlanta Road
Edgebrook at James Creek - New Homes in Cumming, GA 30041 | Ryland Homes

..."Copper Creek" off of Old Atlanta Road south of Melody Mizer Lane
Homes for sale in Atlanta - Visit Copper Creek in South Forsyth

..."Champions Run" and "Riverbrooke", each off of James Burgess Road between Lambert High School and Sharon Elementary School (off of Old Atlanta Road) and Settles Bridge Elementary School and Riverwatch Middle School (near the north end of James Burgess Road and GA Hwy 20)...

Champions Run: Champions Run :: New Home Community :: Rocklyn Homes

Riverbrooke: Acadia Homes | Atlanta's Best New Homes | Riverbrooke in Suwanee
New Homes in Atlanta Communities - Wilson Parker Homes
Riverbrooke of Suwanee

..."The Enclave at Avington" off of Mathis Airport Parkway east of GA 141 Peachtree Parkway
Chafin Communities - Metro Atlanta New Homes and Townhomes

Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM

18 posts, read 48,280 times
Thank you so much

Old 11-03-2013, 02:52 PM

4 posts, read 15,419 times
Alicia64:

My husband just received a job offer from a company off Premier Pkwy and I wanted to know
if you found a place in the Duluth-Suwanee area?

I started looking at this site and its forums and came across your recent post.

We're from Athens, GA and really know nothing about any parts of ATL. We want to move (rent for awhile) somewhere around Duluth or Suwanee. So, any further help is much appreciated.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:38 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,520 times
TwoWheelChic:

It so looked like we were moving to Suwanee/Duluth. My husband was offered the job, but a job truly fell. out. of. the. sky. here in VA. My boys just moved here less than four years ago and we really didn't want to ask them to move again.

So, for now at least, my husband is trying out this new job in VA.

From all of the research I did it looked like Suwanee would have been an excellent choice. And, like you, we'd planned on renting. It looks like an adorable area. Someone said it's like an upscale Mayberry.

I used Zillow.com and CraigsList.org a lot to look for houses.

Good luck!

Alley

Old 11-04-2013, 07:00 PM

4 posts, read 15,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
TwoWheelChic:

It so looked like we were moving to Suwanee/Duluth. My husband was offered the job, but a job truly fell. out. of. the. sky. here in VA. My boys just moved here less than four years ago and we really didn't want to ask them to move again.

So, for now at least, my husband is trying out this new job in VA.

From all of the research I did it looked like Suwanee would have been an excellent choice. And, like you, we'd planned on renting. It looks like an adorable area. Someone said it's like an upscale Mayberry.

I used Zillow.com and CraigsList.org a lot to look for houses.

Good luck!

Alley
Thanks for replying and best of luck to your husband on his new job.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:37 PM

60 posts, read 106,708 times
i believe families with school aged kids are more of considering living in johns creek area since the fulton schools ranks really good in statewise,even some of them in countrywise.i did not go to suwanee yet but i heard alot of it.lots of families love it,but location is so far for us ,for my husbands work anyway.i believe johns creek nd suwanee same distance for duluth...duluth has some nice areas,but alot of people told us stay away from duluth ,dont know why but anyhow sometimes we go duluth for parks for kids.it has ,any parks and generally speaking georgia is such anice hidden gem for us,we love nature and so many close beaches daytrip distance,also very close to other statwd that have lots of options for cabins skiing and winter sports .
we are currnetly renting and if we decide to buy,we dont know for sure to stay here since my husband got another relocation option in europe, we are gonna buy in johns creek area since my kids just started to school.but you can get areally big and beautiful home in agood neighboorhood for your money since homes are cheaper in suwanee.also we looked peach tree corners it looks really nice too.
i guess you are gonna decide by yourself ,just move here and rent a place whichever felt good in your heart and decide,i know moving all the time is really hard but ,it is an experience that you have to deice,some people like duluth some people dont, or some people love jc or some people hate it etc..
good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta