Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Sad for all involved, especially the officer.

It may not be much of an apartment complex but everybody deserves to be safe. I hope they catch the punks responsible for this and make sure they don't go just through the revolving door that so often passes as the criminal justice system in this town.
Oh, you shoot an officer and there will be hell to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
That area has many, many, many years of improving to do before it's as safe as its boosters claim.
lol dang

Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM

87 posts, read 195,030 times
One of the biggest issues and elephant in the room is the corruption of the Dekalb County PD.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcontroller View Post
One of the biggest issues and elephant in the room is the corruption of the Dekalb County PD.
This is APD jurisidaction. What does DeKalb have to do with it?

Old 10-24-2014, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 895 times
While I believe that nobody deserves to be shot, the person that was shot was an off-duty cop. Let's stop calling him a ****ing cop please and thank you. Once the badge comes off you just a civilian with a gun (my brother is a police officer).
Secondly I live in Edgewood and have all my life (almost 14 years). Never been arrested or held for questioning and I inspire to be a lawyer (which is why I know that without a badge you're not an officer), therefore everyone in Edgewood isn't a criminal.
Thirdly, I hate to be the barrier of bad news but he was undercover acting like he was a drug dealer and sorry but you signed up for that (which is the same thing I told my brother when he got shot 2 inches from his spine). And if it was planned then so what he was acting like he was something he wasn't, gathering information on people and he end up slipping up. At least that's what we hearing through the grapevine. If you're going to judge or report understand the entirety of the situation.

I'm not saying I agree with him beginning shot (officer or not really wish people stop acting like they anything but someone with a license to kill if they see fit), nobody deserves that; but I believe in going into a situation ready to accept any and all possible outcomes. But stop addressing him as officer anything he was off duty for the Lord's sake.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,831,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMama View Post

Thirdly, I hate to be the barrier of bad news but he was undercover acting like he was a drug dealer and sorry but you signed up for that (which is the same thing I told my brother when he got shot 2 inches from his spine). And if it was planned then so what he was acting like he was something he wasn't, gathering information on people and he end up slipping up. At least that's what we hearing through the grapevine. If you're going to judge or report understand the entirety of the situation.
He was working an approved off-duty security gig and simultaniously trying to pose as an undercover drug dealer? Don't think so. The off duty work was paid for by the owners of the complex for extra security . . . because their tennants can't seem to stop throwing bricks and hammers at officers. Someone with a single post ringing this up a year after the fact makes me a bit suspicious . . .

Old 10-24-2014, 12:32 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
That area has many, many, many years of improving to do before it's as safe as its boosters claim.

Ya think? And the Grant Park and Inman Park area crowd mentality will defend it to their dying day....which may/may not be sooner than they think?

Old 10-24-2014, 02:26 PM

787 posts, read 969,268 times
The police officer was a thug, he deserved it!

Old 10-24-2014, 02:43 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMama View Post
Secondly I live in Edgewood and have all my life (almost 14 years). Never been arrested or held for questioning and I inspire to be a lawyer (which is why I know that without a badge you're not an officer), therefore everyone in Edgewood isn't a criminal.
So, are you 13 years old? It's fine if you are, but I assume most of the folks here are adults, and should probably keep that in mind when responding to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: