Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM

43 posts, read 51,173 times

Advertisements

I am going down to Pinehurst, NC in April and had pretty much decided to relocate there but after reading about Peachtree City I may take a ride down there to look around.

I am 60 year old single male, like to golf and am wondering how it compares to Pinehurst in any respect, traffic, restaurants, etc. Any thoughts appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 05:55 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
I know nothing about Pinehurst except for a quick check on google maps. PTC is a really nice suburb with great schools. Great family area. Pinehurst appears to be more in the middle of nowhere compared to PTC which is a suburb of Atlanta. Lots of chains in the PTC area but you aren't far from Atlanta and are even closer to the airport. It really depends on what you're looking for.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:35 PM

Thanks, I like to golf, hunt and having good restaurants, convenient shopping, good medical care and NOT allot of traffic is important. However looking at real estate online, unless I am missing something, it appears that there is not allot of newer homes in the area ?

Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
PTC is a master planned community so it's possible that in the actual city all of the homes have already been built but I'm really not sure. If you look near Tyrone, Newnan and Fayetteville I'm sure you can find more houses that are newer. You certainly won't go hungry or have to drive far for shopping. But like I said earlier it's a lot of chains. Not sure if you want that or not. Nowhere near as much traffic in the area as on the northside of Atlanta.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,214,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy7 View Post
Thanks, I like to golf, hunt and having good restaurants, convenient shopping, good medical care and NOT allot of traffic is important. However looking at real estate online, unless I am missing something, it appears that there is not allot of newer homes in the area ?
What's your budget? My buddy that owns a business in PTC says anything new construction is over $500k.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Yes I see the house prices, trying to stay under 300 K, it's just for one - me.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,371 times
I currently live in Cary, NC., a suburb of Raleigh. Pinehurst is a sleepy town of less than 15k people in a rural area. I don't know how active you are, or if golf is all you need to stay entertained, but there's not much going on other than that in Pinehurst. Raleigh is a little over an hour from there, if you ever want a big "city" feel with more to do. Peachtree City is much nicer, and course, you have easy access to Atlanta if you should so choose. Peachtree City in my mind has more to offer than Pinehurst. Good luck.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM

I looked at Raleigh, was not crazy about it, but during the same trip I found Pinehurst. I am going down there for the month of April and think I will take a drive to Peachtree while there. Thanks

Old 03-23-2015, 09:34 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy7 View Post
Peachtree City was mostly "built out" before the recession, and that pretty much brought a halt to any new construction that might have still been on the boards. It's picking up again pretty quick, and 1,400 new homes have been approved for the Wilksmoor Village area.

Peachtree City prepares for 1,329 new residences | TheCitizen.com

Old 03-24-2015, 03:17 AM

Great information, Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta