Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 09:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
LOL. Hey Snake. I'm not even that crazy about his movies but he's pumped millions of dollars into the Atlanta economy and jobs and he has demonstrated his commitment to operating here. So yeah. I hope he becomes the next Steven Spielberg.
Well, I wasn't bashing Tyler Perry. So I'm not going to make this conversation about him.

Quote:
I only came to his defense because I thought you were implying that he and the film industry in Georgia in general had something to do with a lack of tech jobs in Georgia but I guess I grossly misunderstood your comments.

If it's any consolation If you were doing the same for the city of Atlanta as he is I would show support and rush to your defense as well..
Nothing wrong with being a Tyler Perry booster if that's your thing.

But when you ascribe ideas and intentions to me that aren't mine and misrepresent my statements, then I will come at you like a Bull seeing red.

And I don't hold back.

Quote:
I was not aware that the State was doing so much to block/ impede tech companies from thriving here. Hadn't heard anything about that. Do you care to elaborate?
Could have sworn I did that with the "Georgia Power blocking solar energy companies" and "Tesla car company being block from selling directly to the consumer" examples.

Because the main point I was making speaks more to emerging companies that are game-changers in their respective industries.

If that ain't elaborate enough, then I honestly don't know what else I can do to help you out in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:38 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Sounds like a good thing to me. This could get the Ft. Mac redevelopment moving.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:10 AM

21 posts, read 40,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
In a way this sounds exciting, because the recession and lukewarm recovery put a halt on redevelopment plans for the site.

...That site is special, because it is accessible to the South Metro before the downtown connector bottleneck. It also has decent connections to Cobb Commuters via 285 & Camp Creek Pkwy. It will also have the intown accessibility that is rising in prominence.

This same type of access is what gave the rise to Midtown on the northside of the connector. Now the type of demand will never be there for it to become a Midtown, but I think it should be thought of as a development site for a tiny Midtown South.
Not to mention the two MARTA stops just north of the airport. That convenience should pay dividends for Tyler Perry's plans as well as any future development projects on this site.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:20 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBinATL View Post
Not to mention the two MARTA stops just north of the airport. That convenience should pay dividends for Tyler Perry's plans as well as any future development projects on this site.
Madea rides the train?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 AM

129 posts, read 324,926 times
What about Perry Georgia , the town. All I see is about Tyler Perry.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian2 View Post
What about Perry Georgia , the town. All I see is about Tyler Perry.
This is the Atlanta forum. The town of Perry is nowhere near Atlanta, so why would it be discussed here?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:34 PM

21 posts, read 40,666 times
New details in Tyler Perry

It actually looks like Tyler Perry is negotiating to buy most of the base. The acreage that the City will retain is probably the golf course, that will presumably be converted to greenspace. I know some of the earlier plans were to convert the golf course to another City park that could handle festivals and other events, taking some of the pressure off of Piedmont Park.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:43 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Madea rides the train?
Don't give him any new ideas!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:12 AM

103 posts, read 128,985 times
Blallywood? lol

Old 07-08-2014, 09:09 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: