Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:40 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,778,928 times

Advertisements

Hiram and Paulding are hot right now around 120 (Dallas Highway in Cobb) and CH James Parkway.

Pay close attention to schools if you have kids. Some in Paulding are good, some are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 06:34 AM

142 posts, read 168,337 times
I cannot speak to Paulding or Clayton, but as for McDonough I think it is a great area. My husband works in Henry Co., and we spend quite a bit of time there. We are actually planning to move there ourselves!

The Union Grove schools are excellent. Highly ranked in the state. The Ola schools are also very good. The Union Grove area has done a little better job in my opinion of preventing over-development, but really both areas and both schools are family-friendly, safe communities, UG being more expensive than Ola generally. Good private schools in Henry Co. at Eagle's Landing Christian Academy and Strong Rock.

I think the area is beautiful. Still very spacious with a rural openness, but you have shopping nearby over at 75 and the cute McDonough square just a few minutes away. You can find new building, established neighborhoods, swim and tennis communities, gated-fancy communities, affordable communities, farms, acreage, etc., a variety. I find it to be a very community-oriented place. The people really want to preserve the area and keep it beautiful while also having enjoyable community events, etc.

The square has been growing with new cute shops, several good restaurants, a good bar with live music at Deep South Deli & Pub, an adorable coffee shop at Queen Bee. Jailhouse Brewery is moving there sometime in the future. A fabulous arts center was recently started by Andy Davis (McDonough sculptor who was selected to create the MLK, Jr. statue for the capitol) who very tragically was killed over this past weekend by a drunk driver. He was beloved by the community and many are heartbroken by his loss, but I think the arts community will rally and continue his vision. (I know this is off topic, but he was such an interesting and wonderful person, you can read a little more about him here: Noted sculptor Andy Davis dies of injuries | PHOTOS | Henry Daily Herald) There are community gardens at several locations in the county. Southern Belle farm has great strawberry picking and produce in the summer as well as fun fall activities. There is also a lot of growth in shopping and restaurants at the South Point exit off 75 and Henry Town Center exit, outlet shopping in Locust Grove. The biggest complaints are probably traffic and people want more upscale shopping and dining choices, but hopefully that will come with continued positive growth.

McDonough has a lot going for it IMO and seems to be on a positive trajectory. Definitely worth checking out. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2015, 07:08 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,778,928 times
Btw, the rapid development happening in Paulding is essentially a more affordable offshot of West Cobb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta