Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 AM

57 posts, read 128,200 times

Advertisements

We're looking to move to the east coast, preferably south of the cold weather. I teach ESL/ELT and was wondering what the job situation is in the area of Atlanta, or what other cities or states have a good job market for this, and a bunch of schools so I'd have more chance of getting work.

I'm looking at Charleston, SC but it looks like there are only one or two schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 09:25 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,789,689 times
My other half was doing that (and also teaching spanish to native english teachers) at private tutoring centers and preschools before she got pregnant with our first kid. Areas with high numbers of hispanic students are in the central part of Cobb County near Dobbins Air Force base (unincorporated Cobb from the very Northern part of Smyrna to the Southern part of Marietta), in a large swath of Gwinnett County around Norcross, Clayton County, and NE Dekalb along Peachtree Industrial. However, with private teaching being somewhat limiting, I'd also look into which of the three public school systems (Cobb, Gwinnett, and Dekalb) have the most ESL opportunities.

Note that in the map below, don't just go by colors alone. These are percentages and some of the areas are more densely populated than others. For a guide: the most densely populated counties in metro ATL in order are Dekalb, Cobb, Clayton, Gwinnett, and Fulton - not surprisingly in the center of the map. Other than those five, no other county is anywhere close.

Last edited by netdragon; 08-02-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta