Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times

Advertisements

Ugh. Residents had better find the date of that meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 04:48 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Ok what's the point of the NPU things if they're just ignored?

Old 01-06-2015, 07:24 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Lindbergh Kroger rezoning gets Atlanta City Council approval - Reporter Newspapers

Quote:
The Atlanta City Council voted 8-3 on Monday, Jan. 5, to rezone property at Lindbergh and Morosgo drives for a mixed-use development, including a Kroger supermarket.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Smart move here:

Quote:
Fuqua has modified the site plan to include more greenspace, reduce surface
parking, more pedestrian connections and reorient the main entrance to line up
with Lindbergh City Center’s Main Street across Piedmont Road.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:19 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Does anyone know if the older apartments on Morosgo Drive are going to demolished for this project? It was hard to tell from the revised plan.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:31 PM

364 posts, read 418,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
Does anyone know if the older apartments on Morosgo Drive are going to demolished for this project? It was hard to tell from the revised plan.
Yes the permit for demo of them was filed recently as well.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:35 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Yes the permit for demo of them was filed recently as well.

Thanks for the update...

Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Right and I disagree a grocery is even needed. Buckhead has got to already have more grocery stores per square mile than any area I've seen. It's ludicrous to build yet another. People do more than eat. Get creative and build something else.
I do not know if Buckhead has more grocery stores per square mile than any area, but those gourmet high end places don't count when you just want to buy some chicken, salad, and rice to cook for dinner. The one thing i disliked about that area near Lindbergh MARTA was lack of a normal something. It's cool to be surrounded by restaurants, retail stores, gas stations, and the like, but it would not hurt to put a grocery store around there.

One of the features of the area is its walkability so why would I not want to be able to walk to something garden variety useful? I have enough clothes and crap; I don't have enough room to put the stuff I have. And if I did go shopping, I probably would not be able to carry home what I bought without loading it in the car so what's the point of paying that extra money to live in the city? If I wanted to drive a country mile every place I went to likely find it closed at by 9 or 10 pm then I'd pick the biggest place I could find for the cheapest amount of money in a suburb (been there, done that).

Of whatever and all is going on in Buckhead, Lindbergh does not have a normal grocery store other than that Publix (I think) on Cheshire Bridge. So, if Fuqua is capable of putting a Kroger around there then I say good. Also, if someone could set up a close Walgreens or CVS, I would not complain and give the area a second look.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 PM

145 posts, read 166,113 times
I lived at 430 Lindbergh and prior at Post Peachtree Hills spanning from 2006 to 2012. A grocery store is definitely needed, especially now that all of those apartments are going up. The density in that area alone would benefit from a large store. Otherwise, people would need to drive to Publix at Ptree Battle or over towards Morningside on the otherside of 85. My guess is that the people moving into the new apartments are likely MARTA dependent.

During my time there, my now wife and I would drive up to Disco Kroger for big shopping and use the Publix for odds and ends. Plus, those Publix stores have a small footprint and get very crowded, quickly.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:45 PM

23 posts, read 28,540 times
The fence has gone up around the older apartments behind Home Depot. What will this Kroger's nickname be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta