Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,416 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We live in Tucker and are within the Arcado/Trickum/Parkview school district. My older son will start Kindergarten this fall and I just found out that elementary schools in Gwineett county does not provide after school care, which are desperately needed by parents like us who work full time every day till 5:30pm. The school (Arcado Elementary) has a list of nearby daycare and preschool facilities that can arrange transportation for kids who want to go to their after school programs but I've heard bad things about the ones that are closer to our house from my neighbors (those neighbors then either send the kids to private school or move out of the neighborhood). I would not mind driving a couple of extra miles to pick up my child as long as I know that he will be safe and mostly happy during the after school hours every day. I would greatly appreciate your recommendation and sharing of experience with the after school programs in the area (Tucker, Lilburn and Lawrenceville), particularly the ones that have a transportation arrangement with Arcado Elementary. In addition I also have a 16 month toddler boy at home with a nanny now and plan to send him to daycare in the summer, so it would be the best if the school also has a good toddler program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
Hi. I was wondering if you ever found a good solution to your problem, as I'm in the same boat now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta