Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,533 times

Advertisements

My roommate and I currently live in Powder Springs and we are in our mid 20s. We wanted to move to the Smyrna/Vinings area to be closer to work in Buckhead and Vinings.

I am most concerned about safety. We are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for around $1100.

I have visited The Berkshires at Vinings, Sterling Vinings, and 400 Winchester at Vinings. What are your thoughts about these apartments and any other suggestions? Also would a gated community really provide more safety?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Village at Lake Park

Old 04-13-2015, 04:52 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
The names of the some of the apartments often change so I'll just try to be descriptive with the addresses.

Post Crest: The address is on Adams Lake Blvd but it is physically on Cumberland Pkwy right behind the mall. Aside from interesting floor plans and great location, it also has an urban vegetable garden if that happens to be something you like. The prices tend to go all over the place so it's best to try to catch it during a special.

Vinings Palisades: It's across the street from the Kroger on the corner of Paces Mill and 41. It's an older property but the floor plans are spacious so you get a good amount of space for your money. There is a short trail to the Chattahoochee River which may sound like an unsafe feature but somehow it isn't. Also, it has a dog park, if that's your thing. It also has a dog park. It's a little hilly so be prepared for great looking thighs lol.

Walton River: It's on Akers Mill close to Powers Ferry. I am not the biggest fan of the floor plans, but I like the coffee shop and general vibe of the property. Also, if the mood so struck you, you could kayak after only walking a few feet behind the leasing office. (Not sure if that's sanctioned, but it certainly happens.)

Walton Grove: It's Cumberland Blvd (not Pkwy) across from Doc's and behind the PetSmart. It has long time residents, spacious floor plans, and is like the queen bee of convenient locations. Be it groceries, shopping, cleaners, or getting a shoe fixed, you can walk to a biz that does it within 5 to 10 minutes. The only thing that makes me hesitate to call it a good fit is that the culture strongly gravitates toward single mothers.

Gables Walk: (Not the current name but it's on Cumberland Pkwy on the same side of the street as Home Depot) It has curb appeal and looks nice inside. About the only issue I have with it is that the central location for garbage is located about a mile up from the left gate entrance. That's a problem.

That one on Springhill Pkwy down the street from Home Depot's headquarters aka Vinings something: Lot of space for the money, laguna-style pool, great freebies like doorside trash pick-up, free yoga in their gym. It has a Smyrna address but does not get whatever benefits that Smyrna residents get. It's lush and green BUT when visiting a friend which is how a lot of my opinions about these places were formed, they have a situation with these flying roaches. You can call them waterbugs or whatever floats your boat, but I firmly believe they need less free yoga and more pesticide control even if years from now we have to determine how to get the drainage out the soil.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Village at Lake Park
That is the one on the street with the clock tower. It used to be a Post. The thing I always liked about it is the guard at the front gate on that street. It's so huge though which was not something I liked.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:06 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
That is the one on the street with the clock tower. It used to be a Post. The thing I always liked about it is the guard at the front gate on that street. It's so huge though which was not something I liked.

It's not after you stay there more than 48 hours

Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
It's not after you stay there more than 48 hours

It shrinks? Nice amenity.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:26 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
I quite liked Vinings Corner Apartments when I lived there. Near the Corner of Atlanta Rd and Paces Ferry. it's older, but super quiet and safe, gated - decent Roomate Floor Plan (nothing fancy though - but a good price less than 1400 I would wager) and most importantly easy access to everything....

Old 04-16-2015, 06:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,533 times
Thanks for recommendations. Has anyone heard about the other two I mentioned?

Sterling Vinings (formerly the Arbor Apartments) is located near the South Cobb Dr/ East-West connector intersection). The 400 Winchester is located on Beech haven trail off Cumberland parkway.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:52 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Sorry I am not familiar with either of those. And I am annoyed they are using Vinings in their names. That is straight up Smyrna, and imo, far out Smyrna at that. They aren't even Vinings-adjacent. lol

All that being said - they look nice enough though. From what I remember of that South Cobb area though - most of the complexes along there tended to skew more towards families with kids, than single working professionals.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:16 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Sorry I am not familiar with either of those. And I am annoyed they are using Vinings in their names. That is straight up Smyrna, and imo, far out Smyrna at that. They aren't even Vinings-adjacent. lol

All that being said - they look nice enough though. From what I remember of that South Cobb area though - most of the complexes along there tended to skew more towards families with kids, than single working professionals.
Um, you're certainly wrong about 400 Winchester. It is ITP, in 30339, and is absolutely in Vinings. Indeed, it's closer to Vinings Jubilee than to the Smyrna city limits.

I've never been inside those apartments, but have driven by them hundreds of times. It looks like they've recently been renovated, or at least gotten an exterior facelift, but they're still not the greatest looking apartments, and they back right up to 285, so they could be a bit noisy. The convenience factor would be excellent, however.

Sterling Vinings is in Smyrna, I agree, and one of the less attractive parts, as it's on the west side of South Cobb, and pretty far north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta