Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:41 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,471 times

Advertisements

"Greystar has unveiled the official name of its large-scale, mixed-use development in Reynoldstown, and the branding appears to be an effort to emphasize the project's proximity to both Inman Park and a MARTA station. Rising across the street from the Edgewood Retail District, "Elan Inman Station" will bring 285 new apartments and several restaurants and retailers to the northeast corner of R-town, just south of Little Five Points. "We're thrilled to offer residents a new upscale living option in such a highly coveted neighborhood," Todd Wigfield, Managing Director of Development for Greystar, said in a press release..."

Full Story: Reynoldstown Project Won't be Named After Reynoldstown - Branding Beat - Curbed Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
This is an ignorant and disrespectful move on Greystar's part.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:53 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Is it important that they do?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:34 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
I guess it's not a huge deal, but they could have just as easily named it Elan Reynoldstown Station, since it's a hyphenated station name, and shown some respect for the neighborhood it's in.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:38 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,787,484 times
*If* this project succeeds, it will be good for Reynoldstown. The investors are risking a lot of money in this project and there is no garuauntee of success. Like it, or not, the biggist thing this project has going for it is its proximity to its northern neighbor--so they advertise the fact.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
Reynoldstown isn't that risky at this point. On the other side of the neighborhood they're building and selling new homes for 300k+. And properties placed on the market are swept up almost immediately.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:07 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,014 times
Just dumb. When you move into a neighborhood,especially one whose residents you hope to have as customers, it doesn't really make sense to insult the neighborhood. And believe me when I tell you that's how my neighbors are taking it. It's not that Reynoldstown isn't in the name; we could really care less. It's the implication that they wanted to name it after a neighborhood but the one it's actually in isn't good enough. When my neighbors are suspicious of developers who tear down multiple homes to build a giant new development, it's hard enough to convince them that the developers have our interests in mind. But when they name it after a neighborhood that's a tunnel away from ours it's hard not to assume that they don't.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:12 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,787,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Reynoldstown isn't that risky at this point. On the other side of the neighborhood they're building and selling new homes for 300k+. And properties placed on the market are swept up almost immediately.
I expect (and hope) that it will do well. I am sure that part of the recent appreciation in the neighborhood is in anticipation of this project (I doubt that you can find a seller's agent in the area that does not mention this new development, or the neighborhood's proximity to Inman Park). Still, a lot of folks lost their shirts on "sure-things" durring the last downturn, and you never know when you racing against the next downturn. Of all the things that you could do to help a development succeed, taking advantage of what amounts to free advertising, seems to be pretty innocuous--and, that's all this is--free advertising --letting folks know that the development is close to Inman Park and trying to capture a little of the good will associated with the popular neighborhood.

Last edited by jeoff; 06-08-2015 at 07:22 PM..

Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,363,225 times
Spreading the "Inman Park brand" about is simply a "real estatey" thing to do: Think the Vinings name spread all over South Cobb or the Spivey name being thrown out all over Clayton and Henry Counties.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 PM

50 posts, read 62,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Spreading the "Inman Park brand" about is simply a "real estatey" thing to do: Think the Vinings name spread all over South Cobb or the Spivey name being thrown out all over Clayton and Henry Counties.
Don't forget West Midtown

or do I mean East Bankhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta