Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM

5 posts, read 16,379 times

Advertisements

As a foreigner, it is very difficult to see if a particular city is dangerous or not.
I am going to Java Coffee and Cafe Intermezzo to meet my old friend, but people tell me not to make an appointment at night. But I really want to see the Jazz performance that night. Any advice or recommendation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 05:20 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus0412k View Post
As a foreigner, it is very difficult to see if a particular city is dangerous or not.
I am going to Java Coffee and Cafe Intermezzo to meet my old friend, but people tell me not to make an appointment at night. But I really want to see the Jazz performance that night. Any advice or recommendation?
If you are referring to Java Monkey, you'll be fine. Decatur is a very small and safe city, especially the town square. MARTA is directly across the street from Java and also serves Midtown.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:04 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus0412k View Post
You should stop listening to people telling you not to go out at night in Atlanta. This is a big city, there many people out late at night, especially on weekends. And if you're going to Java, it can't be THAT late at night. The sun goes down at 5:30 this time of year. If you didn't go out at night, you'd be spending hours in the hotel room, including dinner time. Atlanta is like any other major city - there are areas to avoid, areas that are safe, and in all areas you should always make sure you're aware of your surroundings and not drawing attention to yourself (like carrying your mac, iPad, and iPhone in plain sight while you walk around). You'll be safe, don't worry. Nobody is going to recommend you go to dangerous areas.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:29 AM

364 posts, read 418,413 times
Wasn't Decatur where the hairstylist was shot at night after dinner?

Old 12-03-2015, 12:23 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Wasn't Decatur where the hairstylist was shot at night after dinner?
That was a total aberration. The shooter was all over the city claiming victims; it was certainly no reflection of the general level of safety there.
I loved in downtown Decatur and never had a problem. I never even had a real concern about my teenaged daughter venturing out with friends at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: