Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,714,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3mpy View Post
You aren't. You absolutely can't be. To suggest someone should just "resist their sexual urges" completely fails to understand what it is to be gay. I'll go ahead and say it: you're a liar.

Thanks for that. You wrote exactly what I was thinking about that post.
And for someone to have equated another person's sexuality as ONLY encompassing "..a sex act..." is utterly mindnumbingly simplistic in it's approach.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:53 AM

115 posts, read 104,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionsRGood View Post
I'm sick and tired of you entitled snobs in the gay community comparing your sex acts to the black struggle - racial discrimination based on skin color. It's insulting and offensive. I'm waiting for gay people to compare LGBT rights to Jews and the Holocaust. That's how offensive it is.

Yes, white people marched to highlight racial injustice for minorities in the 1960s. A sex act does not make you a minority. What you're doing is hijacking the black struggle for civil rights so you can trample on the rights of the majority.

Black people can't change the color of our skin, but you can resist your sexual urges.

By the way, I'm a black lesbian, and I have no problem with this bill.
You are a liar and you know it! I seriously doubt you are a lesbian and if you are, God help your partner. As far as the Holocaust is concerned, since you asked, gays were also included in the people rounded up and gassed by Hitler That is where the pink triangle comes from.

You are no better than the white people who used "Integration is a mortal sin" Matt 10:5 during the 50's and 60's. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 AM

749 posts, read 889,053 times
Quote:
I'm sick and tired of you entitled snobs in the gay community comparing your sex acts to the black struggle - racial discrimination based on skin color. It's insulting and offensive. I'm waiting for gay people to compare LGBT rights to Jews and the Holocaust. That's how offensive it is.

Yes, white people marched to highlight racial injustice for minorities in the 1960s. A sex act does not make you a minority. What you're doing is hijacking the black struggle for civil rights so you can trample on the rights of the majority.

Black people can't change the color of our skin, but you can resist your sexual urges.

The economic impact a stupid bill like this is reason enough to oppose it.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Remember these?

http://i.imgur.com/9KoOWjw.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Legalized discrimination bill is WRONG for Georgia - Call to Action!-9koowjw.jpg  

Old 02-22-2016, 09:48 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,546,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherATL View Post
HB 757 is expected to go for a vote on Monday. This bill will have a devastating effect on Georgia's economy and reputation. Allowing state sanctioned discrimination toward LGBT people, unwed mothers, interracial couples and African Americans is embarrassing and WRONG! Please help in defeating it. EVER CALL MATTERS.

Call house minority leader Stacey Abram's NOW and leave a message demanding HB 757 not pass.

(404) 656-5058

Thank you to all who care about keeping hate out of Georgia.
African Americans?? please leave us out of this. Im not even sure what exactly all the whining is about, but whatever is going on downtown has nothing to do with race.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
African Americans?? please leave us out of this. Im not even sure what exactly all the whining is about, but whatever is going on downtown has nothing to do with race.

Then maybe you need to educate yourself because this bill will allow blacks, interracial couples, unwed mothers, muslims and yes, the LGBT community to face state sanctioned discrimination. I am NOT going to argue this with you. It is a fact! Even some from the church community are not happy with it.

https://baptistnews.com/culture/poli...nt-defense-act

Old 02-22-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Quick question...As an African American, do you find it wrong when white people sit back and watch cops kill you, one by one? How about when someone burns your churches down or marches in a klan rally?

IF SO, THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF WHY ANYONE ELSE SHOULD FIGHT FOR YOU WHEN YOU REFUSE TO STAND UP FOR OTHERS BEING OPPRESSED?

Old 02-22-2016, 10:03 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,763,138 times
Can someone please post the exact words and meaning of this bill. I don't support discrimination but I'm also a Christian and many have nasty attitudes toward us. I want to know exactly what this bill does with no bias.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
They always do that when they want to create panic and draw support for their own cause. And by "they," I mean gays. This bill has nothing to do with African Americans.
That was the vibe I was getting from some of the "sky is falling" post on AJC. I figured I would come here to see the details of the fuss, but than I saw "Black People the boogie man is Coming" What is going on exactly. Are they making bill to lynch gays? Are they taking their land? What is happening here? Is this a beef with Christians? or Republicans? Someone clear things up for me.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:

I can see right now this thread will either get locked or go for thousands of pages.

Black people are not a monolithic group of people. Just like whites are not, just like Christians are not, just Republicans are not. Im not touching the sexuality of homosexuality topic, but this Our Struggle is YOUR Struggle thing....is as you said insulting. Again I ask what is going on at the Capitol that has the gays riled up??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta