Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,620 times

Advertisements

Expect

I know you weed smokers wanted weed to be legal in GA but it looks like Trump is about to shut it down.

I hope he does shut it down become its a gateway drug and I want him to **** off more people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
This administration needs to make up their minds. State sovereignty is guaranteed by the 10th amendment. Trump and co don't get to decide in which cases it applies. Not that it matters in GA, since it was never made legal here anyway.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:44 PM

38 posts, read 31,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Expect

I know you weed smokers wanted weed to be legal in GA but it looks like Trump is about to shut it down.

I hope he does shut it down become its a gateway drug and I want him to **** off more people
I always felt that alcohol was a lot worse than marijuana and cigarettes are more addictive than marijuana could ever be and I also believe people that use hard drugs we're going to wind up using hard drugs anyway rather they used marijuana or not

Old 02-25-2017, 04:04 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Nor sure what they can really do... >

"As it stands, the Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment prevents the Justice Department from spending federal funds to enforce federal prohibition laws in states where medical marijuana has been legalized. The amendment has passed three times in Republican-controlled Congress, and if it passes again in April, Herzberg said there won’t be much more that Trump or Sessions can do than complain."

Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Nor sure what they can really do... >

"As it stands, the Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment prevents the Justice Department from spending federal funds to enforce federal prohibition laws in states where medical marijuana has been legalized. The amendment has passed three times in Republican-controlled Congress, and if it passes again in April, Herzberg said there won’t be much more that Trump or Sessions can do than complain."
That says medical pot, nothing about recreational use.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:55 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
That says medical pot, nothing about recreational use.
whoops, you're right, my bad, been a really long day...

It will be interesting to see what if anything they do now that so many states already have their toes in the water. I doubt that Trump/Sessions will make this a priority. Seems like a really low priority with so many more important issues to tackle.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:59 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
whoops, you're right, been a long day, my bad.

It will be interesting to see what if anything they do now that so many states already have their toes in the water. I doubt that Trump/Sessions will make this a priority. Seems really low on the list with so many more important issues to tackle.
The prison industry is in Trumps back pocket and they need for him to fill the prisons back up. This will fill them up fast lol

Old 02-25-2017, 05:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
The US is going to regress in nearly every area under Trump. Hopefully he is a one termer.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:25 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,645,640 times
Quote:
The prison industry is in Trumps back pocket and they need for him to fill the prisons back up. This will fill them up fast lol
And you're ok with this? Weed is a plant grown from the earth. Cigarettes and alcohol are man made, therefore, causing more harm to the body. I strongly disagree with u about people who do pot should be locked up. This is just another way for Trump to target minorities. I cannot believe that someone would think this is ok!

You screamed about gambling and people not being progressive with it. You are definitely blind when it comes to marijuana. You should do more research before saying such backwards and uneducated things.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:47 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,370,123 times
Quote:
Expect

Fieldm...is the second paragraph a joke? Not sure because you can be humorous sometimes. Either way, cannabis isn't a gateway drug. Most people try other drugs, especially harder ones, just by chance. One way I think of it is at social gatherings where someone might approach you and say I have this and this can make you feel this way bla bla bla and then the person tries it. Did doing marijuana contribute to it? No, it was just a random occurrence and the person agreed to try whatever drug.

I read an article addressing the said issue. It sounded to me like the states where it's already legal won't have interference from the feds but the states where it is illegal, will have the federal backing and maybe increased funds to enforce the law whereas right now, maybe more locally in each state, there seems to be a shift towards not making arrests over marijuana. Some are not putting it as a priority. Then again, it's only very local and the stats say that a lot of people are still being locked up for a little bit of weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: