Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 11:45 AM

17 posts, read 50,709 times

Advertisements

Trying to get my kids in the new Denmark high school. Weird question but does anybody know of Large neighborhoods that will be in Denmark HS district that has a large concentration of high school aged kids. Where we live know there are NO high school kids in our neighborhood so they have no friends to hang out with. Budget $400-$475,000. Thanks for any recommendations!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 12:41 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,780,042 times
That is in Forsyth County and is on the exurban edge of growth. That means most neighborhoods are newer and are generally populated with younger and middle age families, so I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find other high school age kids around in any sizeable neighborhoods.

Neighborhoods built in the late 80s through the 90s are probably at their most kid-less state as the original owners become empty nesters and older neighborhoods are probably more mature and have more age diversity in owners, which means more kids than the '90s era neighborhoods... but fewer than the new ones being bought mostly by families for the first time.

This new neighborhood life cycle also seems to cause problems for swim and tennis communities over time.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:19 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydonna1 View Post
Trying to get my kids in the new Denmark high school. Weird question but does anybody know of Large neighborhoods that will be in Denmark HS district that has a large concentration of high school aged kids. Where we live know there are NO high school kids in our neighborhood so they have no friends to hang out with. Budget $400-$475,000. Thanks for any recommendations!!
Try starting your search in the "Lennar at Bridgehampton" neighborhood which is a brand-spanking-new tennis-swim development that is literally almost directly across the street from the site of the new Denmark High School.

If you cannot find anything in the "Lennar at Bridgehampton" tennis-swim community, look nearby in the "Traditions" and "Ashford Manor Enclave" tennis-swim communities about a mile or so away around the corner off of Georgia Highway 9 near the popular Big Creek Greenway and across from the popular Fowler Park.

Traditions
Alpharetta, Cumming, South Forsyth New Homes | Refined Homes in Atlanta - Traditions

Ashford Manor Enclave
https://www.pulte.com/homes/georgia/...enclave-209496

Also look in the "Shepherds Pond," "Chadbourne at Bluegrass," and "Hanover Community" tennis-swim developments off of Union Hill Road.

Shepherds Pond tennis-swim community...
Welcome to Shepherds Pond

Chadbourne at Bluegrass tennis-swim community...
Chadbourne Homeowners Association - Welcome

Hanover Community tennis-swim development...
https://www.facebook.com/Hanover-Com...0249384749445/

You can also use the Georgia MLS listings to look for houses for sale within your price range in the entire Denmark High School attendance zone...
https://www.georgiamls.com/

Here is a map of the attendance zones for the Forsyth County Schools system to help you with your search...
https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/cms/li...rchD_Final.pdf

Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 PM

290 posts, read 369,911 times
Lennar At Bridgehampton is a very nice community, most of you neighbors will be Asian Indian as the majority of that subdivision is Asian Indian (85% is my guess). (Can be some culture shock as you are coming from South Carolina.) It is quite close to Denmark, but I believe that most of that subdivision will have more younger elementary school kids then high school kids.
I have a question, why are you purposefully trying to get your kids to Denmark? There are many other great high schools in the vicinity such as Milton, Cambridge, West Forsyth, South Forsyth.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 AM

17 posts, read 50,709 times
Thanks for the info. The reason I said Denmark HS is that my 16 yr old daughter is very shy and wants to go to a HS where she is not the only new sophomore, so the thought process since we want to live in Cumming, is to put her in a new school where not everybody already knows each other. I would love any suggestions on where most transplants with high school kids move to. Windermere, Polo, big neighborhoods that give them more opportunities to meet kids their age. Thanks!!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydonna1 View Post
Thanks for the info. The reason I said Denmark HS is that my 16 yr old daughter is very shy and wants to go to a HS where she is not the only new sophomore, so the thought process since we want to live in Cumming, is to put her in a new school where not everybody already knows each other. I would love any suggestions on where most transplants with high school kids move to. Windermere, Polo, big neighborhoods that give them more opportunities to meet kids their age. Thanks!!
Seeing as though your daughter is very shy, putting her in a brand new high school right as it opens up where she will not be the only new sophomore is a good idea and a good play.

Putting your daughter in a brand new high school right as it opens up also is a good idea because the school (Denmark High School) will be operated by a school system (Forsyth County Schools) that is generally of extremely high quality that has the reputation of being one of the best public school systems in the Southeastern U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta