Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 04:34 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times

Advertisements

Detached single-family homes for $250k and under can be found near the desirable areas that the OP seems to want to be near on the Northside.

Here is the link to the Georgia MLS (Multiple Listing Service) that has a search engine that will help the OP find what they are looking for...

https://www.georgiamls.com/

Just a word of warning to the OP that the current real estate market in the Atlanta area has been extremely competitive at times as of late, especially throughout the Northside areas that the OP desires to live in and near.

If the OP finds something within their price range in an area that is attractive to them, they will have to be prepared to move lightning fast to get it in this highly-competitive real estate market that is dominated by large institutional buyers with tons of cash who often move on properties within minutes of their entry onto the market... Buyers who most often get first dibs on any highly-desirable properties that come onto the market.

If the OP has a difficult time getting a property within their price range in a desirable area because they get beat out by one of the many multiple offers on the property, the OP probably should look at renting a detached single-family home in a desirable area as an option (if it is an option in this highly-competitive real estate market).

If the OP has problems finding a detached single-family home to rent in a desirable area within their price range, the OP probably might need to accept renting (or potentially even buying) a townhome, a condo or an apartment in a real estate market where detached single-family homes in desirable areas (like in Northside neighborhoods with good access to areas like Perimeter, Buckhead and Midtown/Downtown) can be a challenge to find and often go lightning fast when they do come on the market.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:32 PM

391 posts, read 1,709,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Why haven't you looked at Mableton which is adjacent to where you live?
I just did today and loved it! I had looked before, but I was on the Bankhead side and hated it. Glad I looked again.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:35 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Mableton might also be an option to look into.
I was also going to suggest Mableton. We saw some great homes out that way in the under $250K range.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:32 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcharm View Post
hmmm. I guess I I would define nice as not a teardown or needing renovations. For instance, trying to find a single family home under 250k in Smyrna needs a lot of work. Townhomes, no problem, but again the HOA's are pricing me out.

Can I ask what areas you lived in?
I lived in Midtown, Ormewood Park, and next South Downtown.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:02 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I lived in Midtown, Ormewood Park, and next South Downtown.
In Single Family Homes?

Old 01-07-2018, 07:59 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
In Single Family Homes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
...Of course, none of them were single-family-homes. If you start defining "nice home" as needing lots of space and easy car convince you will need to spend more.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,562,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
That listing is nowhere near where the dot on the map shows it to be, FYI.

Your broader point still stands, though; there are homes in the Duluth area where HOA fees aren't going to bust a $250K budget. The listings right now might not be chock full of them [there certainly were this past summer], but check again in a month or two. In my neighborhood a half mile from downtown Duluth, for example, my HOA fee for the year was less than $300.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:38 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
I would think you could stay in Cobb but further out than Smyrna and get a nice 3B/2BA for that range. Try Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs, Marietta up the Canton Road/Bells Ferry Corridor.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:52 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Quote:
The listings right now might not be chock full of them [there certainly were this past summer], but check again in a month or two.
Good point. This is the dead zone for real estate. Nobody wants to get a house ready or look at houses when it's ten degrees outside.

I suspect in March a ton of inventory will come online quickly. I think there are a lot of people who have been patiently waiting for the market to get where it is today to put their homes on the market. Now is a really awful time to be looking when it comes to available inventory.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 921 times
Try looking at homes in Flowery Branch, Buford, or Braselton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta