Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2022, 12:38 PM

583 posts, read 2,634,330 times

Advertisements

Man I can't believe this forum is still around and active! I used it in 2007 with our move from SC to TX, this was pre-facebook! Ok, let's get down to business....

Which city has a cute downtown with bars/food/shopping. We have been very fortunate to live in two great cities with these amenities (Aiken, SC and Mckinney, TX)We def want to downsize our TX size house! No kiddos, but we will have family that will visit so probably a 3 bed home with garage BUT we are also very open to Townhomes/Condos. What about this Trilith place? It visually looks great but def give vibes on how all dystopia movies start.

Would love being close to an amazing gym, currently LOVING OrangeTheory. Golf communities would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 01:47 PM

217 posts, read 218,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
Man I can't believe this forum is still around and active! I used it in 2007 with our move from SC to TX, this was pre-facebook! Ok, let's get down to business....

Which city has a cute downtown with bars/food/shopping. We have been very fortunate to live in two great cities with these amenities (Aiken, SC and Mckinney, TX)We def want to downsize our TX size house! No kiddos, but we will have family that will visit so probably a 3 bed home with garage BUT we are also very open to Townhomes/Condos.

Would love being close to an amazing gym, currently LOVING OrangeTheory. Golf communities would be nice.
Honestly, both Newnan and Peachtree City sound great given what you're looking for... but given the bold statement above, I would gravitate toward Newnan. Newnan has one of my favorite "main streets" anywhere in the Atlanta area; cute is very much an accurate description of Downtown Newnan.

There's a new-construction townhome community in Downtown Newnan called Newnan Views which appears to have a few homes remaining. These townhomes look to be 3br/3ba, 2,352 sq. ft., 1-car garage plans with elevators and rooftops. While these townhomes are listed for a rather pricey $583k, the location is exceptional: a 5-minute walk to parks and a 10-minute walk to the square (and all of the restaurants and shops). This community could be worth looking into if you want a convenient, low-maintenance lifestyle.

If you want a golf community, you could look into the SummerGrove and White Oak communities. These golf communities have a variety of homes ranging in price from $300k to near $1m. Each of these communities is about a 15-minute drive from Downtown Newnan.

Both Newnan and Peachtree City have outposts of OrangeTheory Fitness.

Quote:
What about this Trilith place? It visually looks great but def give vibes on how all dystopia movies start.
Trilith gives me the exact same vibes it gives you. I wouldn't recommend living there, only visiting.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:32 PM

450 posts, read 271,965 times
From my experiences, Newnan is definitively the cuter place of the two. However, Peachtree City seems to be extremely golf-centric from what I've also gathered.

Trilith is weird.

Old 12-03-2022, 05:54 PM

154 posts, read 96,509 times
This doesn’t check all of your boxes; however, give this very cool and sustainable community a look - https://www.serenbe.com/

Old 12-03-2022, 06:42 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
I know more folks will def chime in. I'd say PTC over Newnan. PTC has golf course and lake front communities which are lovely. You'll likely want to have a golf cart lol. You can roam the very functional trails that take you from grocery store to park to library and even the doctor's office!! And doing it all without getting into your car. It's a visually pleasing environment, a friendly, chill environment.

Fayette county overall is a fantastic place to live with nice and easy access to the airport - depending on how far into PTC you live. Newnan is a quick drive away for any shopping you may want, but PTC has plenty .

Old 12-04-2022, 07:58 PM

561 posts, read 338,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ OTP View Post
Honestly, both Newnan and Peachtree City sound great given what you're looking for... but given the bold statement above, I would gravitate toward Newnan. Newnan has one of my favorite "main streets" anywhere in the Atlanta area; cute is very much an accurate description of Downtown Newnan.

There's a new-construction townhome community in Downtown Newnan called Newnan Views which appears to have a few homes remaining. These townhomes look to be 3br/3ba, 2,352 sq. ft., 1-car garage plans with elevators and rooftops. While these townhomes are listed for a rather pricey $583k, the location is exceptional: a 5-minute walk to parks and a 10-minute walk to the square (and all of the restaurants and shops). This community could be worth looking into if you want a convenient, low-maintenance lifestyle.

If you want a golf community, you could look into the SummerGrove and White Oak communities. These golf communities have a variety of homes ranging in price from $300k to near $1m. Each of these communities is about a 15-minute drive from Downtown Newnan.

Both Newnan and Peachtree City have outposts of OrangeTheory Fitness.

Trilith gives me the exact same vibes it gives you. I wouldn't recommend living there, only visiting.
Basically this, and thats coming from a PTC resident.

Don't sell Trilith short though. It does come off as being an extension of the movie set it was built next too, but after spending time visiting multiple times this year and walking the community, talking to residents a bit, it has really grown on me. I think its growing into a nice little community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta