Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,414 times

Advertisements

I'll be returning to Atlanta on a 9pm flight with a 9 month old baby in tow. I'm trying to decide if I should 1) take Marta to north springs and then drive home from there, or 2) park somewhere near the airport. Any advice? I'm wondering which is the safer option. Rationally I think I'm pretty safe, but since it will be late and I'll have a baby I want to be extra careful. Unfortunately I can't get a ride from the airport unless I ask someone to go far out of their way. A cab is out of the question since I won't be traveling with a car seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 09:17 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Coming back @ 9pm I would not use Marta, If your flight is late (and its happen'ed to me) you miss the last Marta Train north (around 1am).

I would suggest one of the parking lots on Camp Creek, I Like Park 'n Fly Shuttle runs 24x7 every 5-10 mins, and they take you to your car, and the bus will Normally wait for you to be in the car and it running before it leaves.

(Also there is very little price difference, Marta/NorthSpring vs Park 'n Fly when you factor in the marta fare + Parking $/8day Park 'n fly with coupon from there website is about 8-10/day)

The Bus Driver will also put your bags into your trunks. (Have some tip money ready).

Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
I would take MARTA if I were in your situation. But if you have a lot of bags and don't mind spending the extra money then flyonpa's suggestion is not bad.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:30 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
I wouldn't take MARTA. As has been said, if you experience a delay, you could very well miss that last train. It happens! Suck it up and park at the airport. It's not worth trying to save a few bucks when traveling with a baby.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:56 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
With a baby at night? Not MARTA. I recommend Pak n Fly.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:34 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,935 times
I use the Parking Spot. Their shuttles run 24 hours in case your flight is delayed, are always friendly and prompt, and they'll give you a free can of soda or a bottle of water when you check out.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:31 PM

562 posts, read 1,790,954 times
I agree with the other people, airport parking will be a lot simpler, faster and safer and not that much more depending on how long you are parking. There are coupons online and groupons. I have also used the hotel parking (Marriott) which was even cheaper and safe.

Atlanta Airport Parking | Long Term Parking Atlanta Airport | ATL Parking

Outdoor Airport Parking - Peachy Airport Parking | Groupon

Old 11-16-2014, 08:34 PM

161 posts, read 219,324 times
I had a similar dilemma recently. I usually use peachy parking (I think that's the name...) but I didn't really want to wait around for the shuttle late at night by myself with little kids. Marta was not an option--the very last thing I would want would be a long train ride (again, late with little ones) after having just been on an airplane, deplaned, gathered luggage, etc. And, like you said, taxi/Uber doesn't have carseats. So...

I normally love saving money, but in this circumstance, I just drove myself to the airport, found a good spot near the walkway in daily parking, went out of town, arrived back in ATL, walked to my car, buckled in kids, paid $60 (or whatever, it was a long weekend trip) and drove home. This worked great for me. Absolute right decision. You could even change the baby into pjs, and--if you're the luckiest parent ever--get home and transfer a sleeping baby from their carset into their crib!

Old 11-16-2014, 08:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,414 times
Thanks everyone! I'm leaving early Thanksgiving morning... I wonder if there's any chance I'll be able to find a good spot in daily parking at the airport... Otherwise, the off site parking does sound like the next best option.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 PM

161 posts, read 219,324 times
Good point about Thanksgiving morning. If you decide to do off site, I have been very happy with Peachy Parking INDOOR. I stress the "indoor" because the lots are in different locations and I missed a flight once because I plugged in the address to the outdoor lot. Anyway...I travel a pretty good bit with my kids (thankfully my husband is usually with us!) and I feel very comfortable with that company: the garage is very clean and well-lit, and all the drivers have been incredibly nice.

Good luck! Happy Thanksgiving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: