Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 7,755 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college grad relocating to Atlanta from the Nashville Area. I'm looking to live near either Marietta or Kennesaw close to I75. I'm going to be working near perimeter mall initially, but mostly traveling after 6 months. So, commute time isn't a huge concern.

I'm looking most of all for a safe area. I want to be able to go out of town without a fear of getting broken into. I'm looking to spend less than $850 a month on a 1 bedroom apartment. Can anyone help me out with possible locations near Marietta or Kennesaw?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
You can find an apartment in Dunwoody for 850 one bedroom. Check some large companies like Post and Gable. They have a couple of properties in Dunwoody/Sandy Spring area. Most locations are pretty safe. Also, you have accessed MARTA train in Dunwoody. Is any special reason that you have to live in Marietta/Kennesaw area?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,755 times
The only reason I'm thinking marietta/Kennesaw area is for the easy access to 75. I'll be doing most of my traveling via 75.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 PM

83 posts, read 311,341 times
It is not a big deal to get to I75 from the perimeter area. Even during peak hours it would take about 30 min along the 285 stretch from Dunwoody to I75. However, your daily commute can be drastically reduced by staying in Dunwoody.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:03 AM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwil74 View Post
I am a recent college grad relocating to Atlanta from the Nashville Area. I'm looking to live near either Marietta or Kennesaw close to I75. I'm going to be working near perimeter mall initially, but mostly traveling after 6 months. So, commute time isn't a huge concern.

I'm looking most of all for a safe area. I want to be able to go out of town without a fear of getting broken into. I'm looking to spend less than $850 a month on a 1 bedroom apartment. Can anyone help me out with possible locations near Marietta or Kennesaw?

Thanks.
If you can spend $850 a month for a one bedroom, you'll be fine. Like a previous poster said, you might even be able to live right near your job in Dunwoody for that money. That price point alone will put you with a good demographic of people. Kennesaw is a college town (Kennesaw State University) and is full of students. You'll be safe as a couple of kittens there. Marietta can be kind a iffy. There are very nice, pricey parts of Marietta (especially east cobb side) and there are areas over run with illegals, so be careful with that. With that kind of money though, you might consider even going further south on 75, like say, to Smyrna, Vinings, or even closer to the city, around Howell Mill Rd area. If your travels take you north on 75, you'll be going against traffic in the morning anyway. I currently live in the Vinings area in a two bedroom apartment for that price, and this is considered an upscale area. Good Luck.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,271 times
Default Question about your location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
If you can spend $850 a month for a one bedroom, you'll be fine. Like a previous poster said, you might even be able to live right near your job in Dunwoody for that money. That price point alone will put you with a good demographic of people. Kennesaw is a college town (Kennesaw State University) and is full of students. You'll be safe as a couple of kittens there. Marietta can be kind a iffy. There are very nice, pricey parts of Marietta (especially east cobb side) and there are areas over run with illegals, so be careful with that. With that kind of money though, you might consider even going further south on 75, like say, to Smyrna, Vinings, or even closer to the city, around Howell Mill Rd area. If your travels take you north on 75, you'll be going against traffic in the morning anyway. I currently live in the Vinings area in a two bedroom apartment for that price, and this is considered an upscale area. Good Luck.
In which apartment complex do you live? I am looking to move in Dec. to take a job at Life University, and have been looking for a safe place in a nice community. I have been looking at places in Vinings, but would like the opinion of someone who already lives there. I will be moving from Winter Haven, Florida.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
In which apartment complex do you live? I am looking to move in Dec. to take a job at Life University, and have been looking for a safe place in a nice community. I have been looking at places in Vinings, but would like the opinion of someone who already lives there. I will be moving from Winter Haven, Florida.
The post by 'jeweloflight' was dated 4-28-07.

You can do an Advanced Search and find previous threads about apartments in Vinings.

Here's one>>>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...a-vinings.html

Several posters have recommended ProMove for assistance in finding apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta