Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best nightlife district in Atlanta?
Buckhead 8 22.86%
Midtown 22 62.86%
Downtown 5 14.29%
Little Five Points 4 11.43%
Virginia-Highland 6 17.14%
East Atlanta 5 14.29%
Other (specify) 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:19 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,057,994 times

Advertisements

Which district of Atlanta do you think has the best nightlife? I'll have to go with Midtown currently, but Buckhead previously when the Village still existed. In Midtown there are many options, and the best clubs seem to be Sutra Lounge, Leopard Lounge, Door 44, CosmoLava, and a few others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Probably Midtown for serious clubbers, although I like the 'pub' atmosphere of Virginia Highland, L5P and East Atlanta.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 AM

225 posts, read 715,137 times
don't forget downtown decatur!

Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,422 times
You should add Castleberry Hill to the poll as well unless you consider Castleberry Hill in the Downtown Atlanta category.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 AM

815 posts, read 2,138,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
You should add Castleberry Hill to the poll as well unless you consider Castleberry Hill in the Downtown Atlanta category.

Yes Castleberry Hill is in the top 3 IMO for the entire city

Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 AM

306 posts, read 328,503 times
Midtown! Castleberry Hill would be considered downtown. What are sum good clubs there? Didnt know it had much more than the cool lofts.

If Buckhead was like it was back in the day before the hoodrats ruined it, it would be #1 no doubt!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 AM

927 posts, read 2,226,714 times
you mean back in the day when drunk white kids would fall on top of people's hoods in the middle of intersections and vomit on the side of streets from drunkeness? oh yes, because THAT was so much better!

Midtown for now. Buckhead did used to be the ish. Atlanta is so whack when it comes to nightlife nowadays.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
you mean back in the day when drunk white kids would fall on top of people's hoods in the middle of intersections and vomit on the side of streets from drunkeness? oh yes, because THAT was so much better!

Midtown for now. Buckhead did used to be the ish. Atlanta is so whack when it comes to nightlife nowadays.
Yes, there's no real 'district' like you would find in other cities...Buckhead used to be 'it', but that went away, of course. Back in the 70's, it was Underground.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 AM

288 posts, read 959,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post

Nah biz, I think he means before the thugs flooded in ruining the fun of how Buckhead was. Most of us natives know the big cause of the down spiral of the exciting entertainment district Buckhead once was. Unfortunately I dont really think this new fancy highend condo/shopping district is gonna change things much, just look at Lenox Mall and the stores around there, lots of people wandering around, wanting to be seen in a flashy area but none spending money in these shops, which Im sure is the same thing that will occur when Streets Of Buckhead is completed. Every wanna be rapper and his/her cousin will be cruising or hanging out in front, its all about the image lol.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM

815 posts, read 2,138,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
Nah biz, I think he means before the thugs flooded in ruining the fun of how Buckhead was. Most of us natives know the big cause of the down spiral of the exciting entertainment district Buckhead once was. Unfortunately I dont really think this new fancy highend condo/shopping district is gonna change things much, just look at Lenox Mall and the stores around there, lots of people wandering around, wanting to be seen in a flashy area but none spending money in these shops, which Im sure is the same thing that will occur when Streets Of Buckhead is completed. Every wanna be rapper and his/her cousin will be cruising or hanging out in front, its all about the image lol.

Very true, there are tons of window shoppers in Lenox and Phipps, but anytime you have an upscale shopping district somewhere that is bound to happen. But on the other hand you would be surprised at the money some of those "wanna be rappers", thugs and real legit rappers spend in those same stores. Back in my college days I was an executive assistant for a local music exec and I would be sent to Lenox and Phipps almost weekly to pick up items that would total up to what most people make in 6 months. In doing so I noticed that the real shoppers with money- the rappers, the old buckhead blue hairs, athletes, drug dealers, etc shop at Lenox and Phipps during the weekdays during the day, the earlier the better, when most of us are at our normal 9-5's. Walk thru Lenox right now, I guarantee you the clientele walking around are actually shopping. I was in the Ralph Lauren store in Lenox not even 3 months ago (yes I was window shopping) and saw some skinny looking kid no older than I am at the counter purchasing about 10K + worth of Polo and RL Purple Label items, he had dreadlocks, a white tee shirt on and some skinny jeans. But while he just spent in 1 hour what most spend in their entire life on clothes, the average person would walk by him and just think he is another thug from the hood (he very well may have been, but he was spending money) and the people in the Ralph Lauren store knew him on a first name basis and they even helped him to the parking lot with his bags. You can never judge a book by its cover!!!! Some of those "wanna be rappers" or thugs your talking about may have more money than you. Not to mention that I see just as many obvious out of towners from the country walking thru Lenox and Phipps with the deer in the headlights look, not buying a single thing. One time when I actually was making a purchase (LOL) in Phipps, some Joe the Plumber looking guy with an accent str8 out of Deliverance asked me where the Versace store was so him and his wife could take a picture of the sign on the outside of the store, they very well may have bought something in there, but I highly doubt it. Just remember that window shopping is a two way street.

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 08-11-2009 at 12:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta