Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 AM

5 posts, read 13,174 times

Advertisements

your help is very important to me.i am a single parent with austic child planning to move from rhode island to lawrenceville GA.i want the best school for my austic son is 5year old,best hospital,easy asses to store,mall,park, sixflag,nice neigbhood where he can receive a better service. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 12:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobazrus View Post
your help is very important to me.i am a single parent with austic child planning to move from rhode island to lawrenceville GA.i want the best school for my austic son is 5year old,best hospital,easy asses to store,mall,park, sixflag,nice neigbhood where he can receive a better service. thanks.

Go by the School Cluster -

In Lawrencville the Brookwood, Mountain View, Archer Grayson, Peachtree Ridge clusters are all good.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,887 times
Lawrenceville is not a good place to live. There is a lot of racism, people in here are not friendly, and there's a lot of alcoholism, drug addiction and smoking on teens. And if you come from other place, people wouldn't want to be friends with you that much. Most of the people in here care about money or popularity not about you. Not a good place to live at all.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:33 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
Well it sounds like Laura might have had a few problems, but I would listen to mrdkb.

Lawrenceville is a really large area. There are alot of non-city unincorporated zip codes of Gwinnett County that are given Lawrenceville mailing addresses.

This makes it harder to tell people about the area. Truth is the whole Lawrenceville area is huge and runs had many very different types of areas. There are sought after suburban areas with great schools, a few struggling areas with tons of apartments. You will also find alot of shifts in the demographics of the population that lives in each place.

The easiest way to research Lawrenceville is by high school cluster. You can go to the Gwinnett County Public Schools website and get really good demographic and performance information about each school, as well as the borders of each school. (I would also google map the area and see what you see nearby).

There have also been alot of people on this forum asking about autistic education! You should search the Atlanta forum for previous threads on this subject. There is alot of good information.

You should also call the Gwinnett County Public School system and ask if they have any specialized programs for autistic children at any particular schools (where they pull more resources into one place)

Special Education and Psychological Services

*Phone number for the Special Education and Psychological Services Department is on the bottom of the web page. They also have a page on autism, but I don't it to be too detailed.

-Go to the Atlanta forum page http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/
In the upper right hand corner click "search this forum and search "austism" and later "austistic" and you will find many threads with people asking the same questions you are

Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times
What exactly is a female professional? What exactly do you do for a living? I didnt bother to read the whole thread.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1121 View Post
..and there's a lot of alcoholism, drug addiction and smoking on teens.
Indeed. Smoking on teens is a horrible phenomena here in Lawrenceville.

BTW kids, this thread is over a year old.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,867 times
I lived in Lawrenceville, GA for 10 years and still have a rental home there. The park, Bethesda Park is wonderful for walking and people watching.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
First off, why you want to live all the way out in lawrenceville if you are single? Stay inside 285 if you are single, move outside 285 once you are married. I would not move to lawrenceville unless my job was there

Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1121 View Post
Lawrenceville is not a good place to live. There is a lot of racism, people in here are not friendly, and there's a lot of alcoholism, drug addiction and smoking on teens. And if you come from other place, people wouldn't want to be friends with you that much. Most of the people in here care about money or popularity not about you. Not a good place to live at all.

Very strange comment. OP please ignore.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 800 times
why you always keep saying something about athens when she want to know about lawrenceville ga
??? TakeAhike??? you must like athens to be right beside atlanta so much... well its not and it more than a minute drive from lawrenceville to athens its the suburb of atlanta(lawrenceville ga) is not athens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta