Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the Audi TT ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 PM

747 posts, read 2,757,763 times
I've had one as a loaner and thoroughly enjoyed the couple days I had it. It doesn't come in a manual but the TipTronic with F1-style paddles is well-mated to the engine - in S mode it did a really good job of keeping the revs up and in the engine's sweet spot. It's not very practical, but then no car in this 2-seater or nominal 2+2 really is. It's a good chassis and the TT-S has been compared favorably to rivals such as the BMW Z4. I'd check out a forum like Audizine for more info.

The one you posted looks like it's been modded with the ugly stick, however.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Had a friedns son who had one and had alot of elcrtical problems that were very expensive to have reapired. he then had another porblem;fixed it and sold it.Not sure what the seond problem was tho.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Costanza View Post
I've had one as a loaner and thoroughly enjoyed the couple days I had it. It doesn't come in a manual but the TipTronic with F1-style paddles is well-mated to the engine - in S mode it did a really good job of keeping the revs up and in the engine's sweet spot. It's not very practical, but then no car in this 2-seater or nominal 2+2 really is. It's a good chassis and the TT-S has been compared favorably to rivals such as the BMW Z4. I'd check out a forum like Audizine for more info.

The one you posted looks like it's been modded with the ugly stick, however.
Lol ! Well everytime I see one I stop and really check it out.

I love the Mazda Rx-8 more !

And the TT has like you said , no real back seat ..

Just wondered if anyone ever test drove this car...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
They are pretty awful cars which is why they sell for dirt.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:42 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
I actually enjoy them and have driven quite a few. It has a lot of drawbacks as it's not hard enough to be a "real" sports car, yet way too impractical to be of much use for anything else. I've yet to drive one of the new generations, but I have a lot of seat time in the older ones. Given how cheap you can get them, they can be a fun weekend toy modded. If you want a real sports car, there are many other options, but I have actually been considering a TT for a weekend/project car. If you get one of the 225hp 1.8T with the 6 speed and quattro, they are only a few simple mods away from making real power and the suspension short comings are easy enough to fix with the plethora of parts available. Again, it's all about what you want the car to be.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
What do you think of the Audi TT ?
This is a Audi R8 forum..but there is a section in which other Audi owners can discuss and ask questions about different models. Audi R8 Forum: R8 forums
Have never driven an TT...but, we will be on our second R8( 1 coupe and now the Spyder) and Audi has been suburb in quality, and customer care. No problems whats so ever with the past R8.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
This is a Audi R8 forum..but there is a section in which other Audi owners can discuss and ask questions about different models. Audi R8 Forum: R8 forums
Have never driven an TT...but, we will be on our second R8( 1 coupe and now the Spyder) and Audi has been suburb in quality, and customer care. No problems whats so ever with the past R8.
No offense, but you don't keep any car long enough to know if it has long term quality or not.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
IMO I wuld rather spend the money it cost to buy a TT on a nice used C5 'vette

Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
No offense, but you don't keep any car long enough to know if it has long term quality or not.
No offense taken...but the coupe was over a yr old. Never...even in the shop with any problems whats so ever. A yr is more than enough to know if the car's interior is going to start to loosen up and creak and rattle...None in the R8. And a yr. is long enough to appreciate the service in customer care from Audi. All of which is why we are going back for the second R8. Had we had any issues at all...there would have never been a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi