Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 09:52 AM

7 posts, read 15,123 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I bought a used car 600 miles Audi e-tron (fully electric) from Audi dealer in April 2022.

Within a month I saw first issue with*the*car was that the left passenger visor was not working then I explained the same to the dealer and they took some 3 days to fix that issue. Then after I drove for 1 day or 2 again I observed that it is not fixed correctly and they finally ended up replacing with a new visor (I understand this). I hardly drove the miles on this car (5400 miles).
Second issue came up four days back I was driving this car along with my wife and kids and we were*in a horrible panic situation (all of a sudden while driving we saw messages (electrical issues) with many emergency*alerts, alerting to STOP the vehicle, and it was behaving very weird, which*seemed to be a life risk and not allowing to drive further. I can't imagine the same situation happening while I am on the freeway.*
I purchased this car with a large investment and now we have a feeling it's not worth putting our life’s in risk and also not getting the value out of money.

What is the best way to deal with it to get the refund. I really appreciate your help here.

Thanks & Regards,
Romeo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 09:56 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
I'm a little hazy on why you think you're entitled to your money back (sorry - but thats the reality, thats what lemon laws and manufacture warranties are for).

What did the dealer say when you brought it in to diagnose the electrical issue. Can you define "behaving weird"?

What state is this so we can reference applicable lemon law statues.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:11 AM

"Behaving weird" means, the car shows up different messages like parking brakes malfunctioning, drive system malfunctioning, all-wheel drive: mal functioning! limited stability etc

Vehicle is with the dealer and they are diagnosing the problem.

State: California

Old 12-29-2022, 10:19 AM

Did the car actually perform different than normal, or just display warnings?

That is important, as CA lemon law allows for 4 repair attempts for the same problem or 2 if the nonconformity might "cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven". (1793.22CCC)

This is repair attempt #1.

Unless the dealer (or audi) wants to handle differently, you'll need to wait for them to correct.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:27 AM

YES, the car actually performed different than normal. I have to STOP vehicle, it is not allowing me to drive and also light intermittent brakes were applying while driving which is not in my control. That was a scary situation.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:35 AM

313 posts, read 207,482 times
Sometimes you have to wonder why the dealer would be selling a practically new (?) vehicle that only has 600 miles on it.

FYI...The vehicle I purchased had 1,300 miles on it. I believed the story that was told to me by the Lexus dealer as to WHY the first owner would trade-in (return) the car so quickly. I just decided to believe the story - it made sense.

Well, ever-so-often I would encounter something really STRANGE, but the end result was always USER ERROR (it was some mistake I made, or I was ignorant of how the 'thing' truly worked/behaved).

Well, 2 years later, I've had absolutely NO problems with the vehicle and all is well. A good story. Hopefully it will work out the same for you. I wish you luck.

BUT, going back to my original thought. You have to question WHY someone would turn in a car after only 600 miles. Was it an intermittent defect?

Old 12-29-2022, 10:42 AM

The most realistic scenario is that it was a dealer demo or loner car. If it had continued issues with a previous owner, it would have been bought back by the mfg, not dealer.

Old 12-29-2022, 12:26 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
What do you expect? It's an Audi.
Do some research before spending a fortune on transportation.

Old 12-29-2022, 01:53 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_2022 View Post
Hi,

I bought a used car 600 miles Audi e-tron (fully electric) from Audi dealer in April 2022.

Within a month I saw first issue with*the*car was that the left passenger visor was not working then I explained the same to the dealer and they took some 3 days to fix that issue. Then after I drove for 1 day or 2 again I observed that it is not fixed correctly and they finally ended up replacing with a new visor (I understand this). I hardly drove the miles on this car (5400 miles).
Second issue came up four days back I was driving this car along with my wife and kids and we were*in a horrible panic situation (all of a sudden while driving we saw messages (electrical issues) with many emergency*alerts, alerting to STOP the vehicle, and it was behaving very weird, which*seemed to be a life risk and not allowing to drive further. I can't imagine the same situation happening while I am on the freeway.*
I purchased this car with a large investment and now we have a feeling it's not worth putting our life’s in risk and also not getting the value out of money.

What is the best way to deal with it to get the refund. I really appreciate your help here.

Thanks & Regards,
Romeo.
you are out of luck...........just trade it in and take your lumps.

IF you bought it new you could do the lemon law process but it only applies to new cars and since you bought it used you are out of luck.

Old 12-29-2022, 01:58 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
IF you bought it new you could do the lemon law process but it only applies to new cars and since you bought it used you are out of luck.
Not necessarily. But, states differ:

https://consumeractionlawgroup.com/i...for-used-cars/

OP, so far you've taken the car back for one minor problem (the visor) and it seems to be fixed. With only 600 miles on the clock, there should be manufacturer's warranties still in effect. Possibly a dealership used car warranty or service plan as well. Read all your car's original warranty and dealer sale paperwork carefully. If manufacturer's warranties are still active, take it back for warranty repair. OTOH, if I bought a used car with higher mileage/expired warranties I'd take it to a reputable independent service shop not a dealership.

As for trying to go the lemon law route, you probably can't try to invoke protection under your state's law until they've unsuccessfully attempted to fix serious problems multiple times. Nothing as trivial as a visor!

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-29-2022 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi