Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:38 PM

220 posts, read 217,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Dude please. He lives in Grovetown and not Evans or even Martinez... He probably lives outside the city limits near the Walmart, but it's still not a wealthy area. I had no problem with his comment, but only that I didn't understand the no regret part.

He said he didn't regret moving to Richmond County.. How can you not regret something when you don't even know about every area? Do you really think he knows about the neighborhoods in RC based on his comments? I said his opinion was fine, but let's not act like several parts of Richmond County aren't more desirable(property values) compared to Grovetown. I really wanted to see was Aiken County even included, but he decided to focus on Richmond.

White families are steered to Columbia County all the time. Let's be honest... How many people would have moved to Grovetown unless they were steered there? I like Grovetown, but Im only focusing on reality.. There's a reason why people weren't moving there until realtors begin to steer people there..
You act as though Evans and Martinez are world's away from Grovetown they are not. I could have easily moved to either one of those areas it's wasn't price that drive me to Grovetown it was proximity to FT Gordon where I had to commute to everyday. Grovetown is an up and coming area it's not hard to get people to move here. AIKEN being 45 minutes away was completely out of the question and that's the case for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 PM

515 posts, read 631,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastclevelandguy View Post
I moved down for a job at NSAG, I ended up in Grovetown because I heard Richmond County Schools sucked and Richmond County was full of crime and at the time we were expecting our first child. I don't think we looked at anything in Richmond County and I don't regret it.
You were worried about crime in Richmond County when you previously lived in Cleveland? Did you live in a suburb?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:49 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,094,973 times
Quote:
I don't regret it first off because I am happy where I am at working on my second home in the area. I don't live in Grovetown proper so what your saying of as far as home values I am unsure of. I have not been in the area for over 5 years now so I have had plenty of time to explore.

Secondly because of the school system my son just started school and I have no issues at at with the CC school system have heard not so good thing about the Richmond County school system from friends of mine. many end up spending the extra money they saved on their home prices for private school.

Your right there are some very nice areas in Richmond County I own a rental property in Richmond County and hope to buy many more. But as far as my needs and wants Richmond County didn't do it for me.
I'm a expert in terms of the local real estate situation. Nothing personal... I'm involved with transplants and just like hearing the different stories.. I don't know what part of RC your friends live in.

I don't want to make this a RC vs CC debate, because I've lived in both and was really focused on hearing about Aiken County... Plenty of kids in CC attend schools in Richmond County. The image of schools is directly tied to the coverage in local news media.

You definitely need to get out and explore more... The parts of Grovetown on Columbia rd, Baker Place, William Few, etc have higher property compared to Grovetown proper.. They still have many homes under $150,000..

Old 06-03-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
You were worried about crime in Richmond County when you previously lived in Cleveland? Did you live in a suburb?
What an idiotic stament, I grew up on the inner city streets of East Cleveland Ohio forgive me if I made it out and didn't want to raise my family in such an environment.

Let me reiterate how stupid that comment was.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I'm a expert in terms of the local real estate situation. Nothing personal... I'm involved with transplants and just like hearing the different stories.. I don't know what part of RC your friends live in.

I don't want to make this a RC vs CC debate, because I've lived in both and was really focused on hearing about Aiken County... Plenty of kids in CC attend schools in Richmond County. The image of schools is directly tied to the coverage in local news media.

You definitely need to get out and explore more... The parts of Grovetown on Columbia rd, Baker Place, William Few, etc have higher property compared to Grovetown proper.. They still have many homes under $150,000..
I live off William Few and am buying a home off Baker Place I have done my due diligence over the years.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I live off William Few and am buying a home off Baker Place I have done my due diligence over the years.
I hope you don't feel like anybody is putting down Grovetown.. Grovetown is definitely growing and up and coming.. Here's a home for sale off William Few Pkwy for under $100,000...
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/51...63741196_zpid/

Quote:
You act as though Evans and Martinez are world's away from Grovetown they are not. I could have easily moved to either one of those areas it's wasn't price that drive me to Grovetown it was proximity to FT Gordon where I had to commute to everyday. Grovetown is an up and coming area it's not hard to get people to move here. AIKEN being 45 minutes away was completely out of the question and that's the case for many.
Let's play nice guys... You can't call another person's comments idiotic and then say Grovetown and Evans aren't worlds apart... I think you need to visit the area off Wrightsboro near the train tracks in Grovetown.

It's up and coming, but nowhere close to having the income of Evans or Martinez. There is no Westlake(Martinez) or Jones Creek(Evans) in Grovetown.

It's not a coincidence the overwhelmingly majority of people new to Grovetown have been steered there..

Thanks again for sharing your experiences..

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-03-2015 at 07:04 PM..

Old 06-03-2015, 07:01 PM

515 posts, read 631,724 times
Quote:
What an idiotic stament, I grew up on the inner city streets of East Cleveland Ohio forgive me if I made it out and didn't want to raise my family in such an environment.

Let me reiterate how stupid that comment was.
I was just wondering because you seemed to think that Richmond County was full of crime, when the city you had previously lived in had a higher one. Compared to what you were used to in that case, it would be a lot less, which is a fact, not stupidity. It was a good question that any observant person would have asked. You seem a little touchy about that topic, so I'll just let that go. Thanks for that mini life story as well, I really needed that. Congratulations, good for you, seriously.

*Don't forget to use commas in sentences when you start a different thought or end a clause.

Thank you oh so much for being so kind. I mean, that was hospitality if I've ever seen it. Truly East Cleveland's finest. Seriously, I didn't verbally attack you and call you names, so please don't do it to me. I was never trying to offend you, but it seems to be a sensitive time of the month for some, so I apologize.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I hope you don't feel like anybody is putting down Grovetown.. Grovetown is definitely growing and up and coming.. Here's a home for sale off William Few Pkwy for under $100,000...
511 Cashel Rd, Grovetown, GA 30813 - Foreclosure | Zillow

Let's play nice guys... You can't call another person's comments idiotic and then say Grovetown and Evans aren't worlds apart... I think you need to visit the area off Wrightsboro near the train tracks in Grovetown.

It's up and coming, but nowhere close to having the income of Evans or Martinez. There is no Westlake(Martinez) or Jones Creek(Evans) in Grovetown.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences..

Let's play nice are you serious? that was a personal attack. That had nothing to do with our discussion. There is Grovetown proper and areas that have a Grovetown address sure some of the areas within the city aren't all that nice looking. I would compare many areas in Grovetown to many areas in Evans with no issue. But it's clear you have a specific opinion so I will leave it where it is.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
I was just wondering because you seemed to think that Richmond County was full of crime, when the city you had previously lived in had a higher one. Compared to what you were used to in that case, it would be a lot less, which is a fact, not stupidity. It was a good question that any observant person would have asked. You seem a little touchy about that topic, so I'll just let that go. Thanks for that mini life story as well, I really needed that. Congratulations, good for you, seriously.

*Don't forget to use commas in sentences when you start a different thought or end a clause.
I am typing from a smart phone so punctuation isn't my top priority but thanks for caring. The city I previously lived in was one of the safest places in the nation so your statement makes no sense. Your point would be valid if I mentioned that I previously lived in Cleveland but I didn't and haven't for some time. You were trying to be clever but in reality your were being a douche.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Let's play nice are you serious? that was a personal attack. That had nothing to do with our discussion. There is Grovetown proper and areas that have a Grovetown address sure some of the areas within the city aren't all that nice looking. I would compare many areas in Grovetown to many areas in Evans with no issue. But it's clear you have a specific opinion so I will leave it where it is.
I would compare many areas in South Augusta to many areas in Evans with no issue. Evans is still home to more disposable income by a wide margin.

I haven't even shared my opinion, but only provided facts to support my arguments.. Comparing property values, median incomes, demographics, etc is not my personal opinion. I've never said once that Grovetown didn't have nice areas or wasn't growing.. I do know for a fact the area didn't begin experiencing additional growth until lately. I know for a fact since I deal with real estate agents, many of those people begin to steer people to Grovetown, because Evans/Martinez were becoming overcrowded.

Thanks again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area