Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 12:48 PM

87 posts, read 129,351 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are looking for a place and need help in deciding among these neighborhoods

If you know -- what the good, bad, and the ugly are -- it would be greatly appreciated

Meadowbrook

Richmond Hill

Turpin Hill

Old Savannah

Thank you so much for you input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,519,790 times
Hmm. is this some kind of investment property for rental?
Just curious, what made you narrow down those neighborhoods? I mean you can probably definitely find some very cheap properties in those areas but they are what many would consider higher crime declining neighborhoods with not the best schools. "Good, bad, and ugly" ? I'd say its more of the latter two

Old 06-13-2018, 01:35 PM

not investment - but they are listed a little cheaper than than other areas - I suspected that there may be issues

I guess I'm curious how bad of an issue is it - I don't want to move into the middle of Syria

Old 06-13-2018, 01:50 PM

well its not as bad as Syria, but remember the old adage "YOu get what you pay for". OUt of all of those on your list Richmond Hill is probably the best option. The homes there seem to be better cared for and it is fairly centrally located. The homes along Richmond Hill have aged better than in some of the other areas you mentioned.
Schools though are just not all that good to be honest (if that is a concern) and you are sandwiched in between some higher crime areas). If you are looking in South Augusta, it's generally better to stay south of Tobacco Road.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM

what areas is it where all the development is going on - I heard there is a new IT Cyber company headquartered them plus many other companies expanding in Augusta....

Old 06-13-2018, 07:06 PM

Most of the growth in the area is in Columbia County, especially along I20 around the Grovetown exits. Lots of newer housing stock, good schools, lots of new restaurants, retail and grocery stores. Traffic is more of an issue out there. Home prices are also going to be more than what you will South Augusta but the area is newer and growing.. tends to draw more professionals.. especially those who work at Fort Gordon and the cyber center that is under construction nearby. The best thing to do is visit and get a feel for the various areas of town. Also, North Augusta, SC is very nice and growing. Worth checking out

Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 AM

thank you so much for your insight.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area