Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 11:06 AM

112 posts, read 267,373 times

Advertisements

On our re-location short list is schools, specifically private schools for our 3 year old daughter.

Can anyone tell me about really good, near downtown Aug or N. Augusta, private education academies?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 AM

215 posts, read 481,141 times
Private schools in Augusta include
  • Aquinas High School (Semi-private catholic school)
  • Episcopal Day School (EDS)
  • St. Mary on the Hill School
  • Curtis Baptist School
  • Gracewood Baptist First Academy
  • Alleluia Community School
  • Westminster Schools of Augusta (WPS/WSA- Prebyterian PCA based)
  • Augusta Christian School
  • Augusta Preparatory Day School
  • Heritage Academy (new inner city based school with LOTS of potential in the future. The creator of that school is a family friend)
  • Possibly a few more, but these are the ones that I am aware of.

Augusta Christian and Augusta Prep often have Augusta, GA students, but are located in Martinez, GA (short drive).

On this subject as well... I am VERY biased towards Westminster Schools of Augusta. Their website can be found here Westminster Schools of Augusta

I can truly attest to their professionalism, ethics, and strong professional teaching staff.

Specifically for a three year old.. WPS offers a brand new day school (K-5th grade), and have plans to renovate/ build a new upper prep school.

The school is a sister of First Presbyterian Church of Augusta downtown on Telfair Street.

WPS is located on Wheeler road, and about a 8 minute drive from the heart of Augusta downtown.

If you have any more questions about any private schools, or more information about WPS I would be glad to direct message you the dean's email address and phone number.

ps- I also know students, and parents of students at Augusta Christian, Augusta Prep, Aquinas, etc.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Thank you for your quick response...

Ironically, as i was reading your post, on the next tab over was the WPS website i was reading. It looks good, so on our list will be a vist to the campus. My wife feels what ever shool our daughter attends that we should live in the community but i still want the house on the Savannah River. It looks like, and you've confirmed, that its only an 8 minute drive so i dont think that would be too bad.

How much do you know about 'Our Lady of Peace' school?

Will you be in Augusta around March 7th. It would be good to meet with you and chat a bit.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:46 PM

To be honest, I am not to familiar with Our Lady of Peace. I know they are a smaller private school in N. Augusta (a little ways across the bridge). I know that Westminster plays OLP in soccer, but that is about the extent for my knowledge.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town in Florida for the majority of the month of March. If you come back to Augusta... let me know and I can show you around.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustaREGroup View Post
To be honest, I am not to familiar with Our Lady of Peace. I know they are a smaller private school in N. Augusta (a little ways across the bridge). I know that Westminster plays OLP in soccer, but that is about the extent for my knowledge.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town in Florida for the majority of the month of March. If you come back to Augusta... let me know and I can show you around.
Thank you for that info on OLP. I think WPS is where we'll start.

We will be coming back and forth to Augusta every quarter for the next 3 years. You have a property on your website that we'll look at this visit along with others on Telfair and Greene.

there is a large industrial plot (11 acres) that i'm interested in to. We are in the market for an agent, i thought we had one but its hard to get return emails and calls (rediculous) so we are still in the market, i hope to find a good one while there. If you can recommend an agent please let me know.

thanks.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 PM

I have a few people in mind that will be able to help you. Direct message sent.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
I have heard alot of good things about Heritage Academy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: