Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 14,761 times

Advertisements

I have read online that Austin has several dog parks (off leash areas for dogs)across the city. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with any of them, any favorite dog parks, or any to stay away from?

Also, I have read that some other towns (Round Rock, Pfugerville, and Georgetown) are in the process of setting up dog parks. Does anyone have more details on this?

Are there any other dog parks in other towns that I missed?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 AM

443 posts, read 1,542,029 times
There are indeed several lease free parks in austin, some official, some informal.

Auditorium shores functions as a defacto one, as does the runoff area of barton springs.

The only problem with these parks: stupid humans who don't control their animals, or don't know better than to bring overly aggressive dogs out in public.

For the most part, mostly positive experiences... your dog will love em!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:20 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
There are indeed several lease free parks in austin, some official, some informal.

Auditorium shores functions as a defacto one, as does the runoff area of barton springs.

The only problem with these parks: stupid humans who don't control their animals, or don't know better than to bring overly aggressive dogs out in public.

For the most part, mostly positive experiences... your dog will love em!
Yeah, that's the problem at all dog parks. Are there any in South Austin?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 PM

443 posts, read 1,542,029 times
There is a really big one at the NW corner of riverside and ih35... is that south enough?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,250 times
That will work...thanks

Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,627,869 times
Austin has 12 off-leash dog parks, but only 1 fenced-in, off-leash dog park (Norwood Estate).
Here's the list: City of Austin - Parks and Recreation Department: Dog Parks

Atlanta, has 30 fenced-in, off-leash dog parks.
Here's the list: Georgia Dog Fun - DOG PARKS

At first, I was taken aback, but what I've liked about Norwood Estate is what I'm coming to LOVE about Austin--Because there is only 1 place to go that is fenced, more people go there. It's more accessible, it's more personable, and you get to know "your neighbor" because you see the same faces.

Norwood Estate is cool because it's flanked by the river downtown and there is always something going on at the nearby park (e.g. boat regattas, races, family events, etc.) or road races that are running, walking, bicycling nearby.

One of my dogs likes to explore, so I'm afraid that she'll wander off.
One of my other dogs likes to follow, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: