Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 PM
ITO ITO started this thread

159 posts, read 374,092 times

Advertisements

I am closing on a house next week and while I love the lot, location and house, the landscaping is a builders grade cheapo.

A sprinkler system is a given, I know that is coming but I would really like to execute a lanscaping plan with native plants and to be fair the art side of my brain does not work so well.

Is there anyone that you could recommend, that would be willing to do a site visit and produce a hand drawn landscaping plan, that I could execute my self.

To be clear I am looking for a designer, and understand this is a service I have to pay for.

I should also mention I am willing to takes risks and try new things and lean towards Asian designs. Also my construction skill sets are above average and I am looking for something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 10:36 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
I recommend Carolyn Kelly, Landscape Architect, 445-0431. She can work with you to develop a design sensitive to your aesthetic preferences and utilizing native drought tolerant plants. I worked with her on the development of the new City Hall downtown, which utilizes drought tolerant native plants in all of its landscaping, from hot, sunny Southern exposures and elevated decks on the upper floors, to dark shaded overhangs on the North side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin