Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM

9 posts, read 27,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Rexfelis, do you know if Lifetime paid the mother, or the other way around?
I do not know at this time. If I find out before someone reports on it, I'll let you guys know. I'm assuming they paid her something, but hopefully far less than the $28 million she was asking.

Apparently the pool depth was marked 2' in area that was claimed to be 4' deep which is nonsense in my experience. My twins are under 4' tall and the area past the mushroom has been clearly marked 3'something for as long as I can remember. They can stand with their face above the water in this area, but past the rope they have to bob up and down. The pool does not reach a 4' depth until further out past the first lifeguard stand and the boy (Colin) floated from the mushroom over to the area in front of the first lifeguard stand. There is no way the area where the boy struggled was a depth of 4' deep.

The problem Lifetime had is that they had one guard assigned to the kiddie slide (which was so fun for kids), and another assigned to watch the rest of the kid's area before the rope (just past the mushroom). The kiddie slide has since been removed.

In my opinion even with two lifeguards watching I don't think they would have been able to stop Colin from drowning. We go to this pool multiple times a week and kids 3-4 are given goggles. They often float on their stomach looking down, sometimes because of those weighted things parents throw in for them to dive and retrieve. Kids also flail about ALL THE TIME. My boys are always doing this and sometimes play around where it looks like they are drowning. The lifeguards will ask if they are OK, and they always are, but the main thing is only the parent(s) would know. Even though my twins are 6 now and our oldest is 9 we will never leave them out of a few seconds range let alone out of sight. Boys are big risk takers which is primarily the cause of them drowning 3-4x more often than girls. It is absolutely ludicrous to take your eyes off of a boy as young as 4 and even up to 12 or higher depending on the child.

The bottom line is that as long as people continue to think that lifeguards are going to save your kid's life, there are going to be drownings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexfelis View Post
Good god, whatever you are smoking is some good ****, please share?
Well being that you have ONLY posted about this incident on this board and it seems you joined to specifically post about this incident, it's not a stretch to suspect you might work for them.

So what if you have friends that are lawyers? Unless they are working on this case, they aren't privy to anything more than what is publicly available. If they are working on this case and have given you information, then they are in a heap of trouble in terms of professional responsibility violations.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM

9 posts, read 27,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Well being that you have ONLY posted about this incident on this board and it seems you joined to specifically post about this incident, it's not a stretch to suspect you might work for them.
Yes it is, that's one big assumption based on very little. Apparently you looked at my history, if I thought like you I would assume you are a stalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
So what if you have friends that are lawyers? Unless they are working on this case, they aren't privy to anything more than what is publicly available. If they are working on this case and have given you information, then they are in a heap of trouble in terms of professional responsibility violations.
LOL

Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,314 times
Quote:
Good god, whatever you are smoking is some good ****, please share?
Lmao...I had to rep you on this one. I fell out laughing.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Yes it is, that's one big assumption based on very little. Apparently you looked at my history, if I thought like you I would assume you are a stalker.

LOL
No, I didn't look at your information, I noted how many posts were under your users name. Typically, when people come on this this board and rave about a business or only to defend a business they are typically somehow connected. And since you seem to have inside information that wouldn't be available to someone outside of the company, I don't think it's a big jump.

I don't understand what is LOLable out lawyers that violate our professional code of conduct in discussing privileged information. It's not funny and it's an offense that can get one disbarred.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
LifeTime Fittness is not licensed to watch your children. They left my 7 year old son unattended in the pool when I signed him up for Parents night out. DCFS claims they have no licence and there for if you child is misstreated the person incharge of the event at the time is heald resposible, So employees beware you could get into some serious trouble as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: