Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times

Advertisements

I graduated from UT, but never went to a game - or any sporting event. I don't care for football, I have a passing interest in baseball, but basically, not into team sports. Same with my husband. We like to participate in individual sports (hiking, kayaking, bicycling, swimming, etc.), but don't get into any kind of competition. I don't think that makes us bad people, but it may make us misfits in Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I graduated from UT, but never went to a game - or any sporting event. I don't care for football, I have a passing interest in baseball, but basically, not into team sports. Same with my husband. We like to participate in individual sports (hiking, kayaking, bicycling, swimming, etc.), but don't get into any kind of competition. I don't think that makes us bad people, but it may make us misfits in Austin.
But when they have a Natl. Championship for hiking.....you'll be able to get front row seats.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
I'm still a HUGE Eagles fan and if they were in the Super Bowl again, I'd be bouncing off the walls.
Won't happen. The Cowboys will send them packing this Saturday.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:01 PM

122 posts, read 310,394 times
My wife and I watch no sports...ever. Don't care at all except if I happen to be out during big games, we try to avoid it, too much noise and people yelling about the game.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:52 PM

24 posts, read 120,594 times
Just posting to be counted as someone who isn't part of the whole UT football obsession in Austin. LOL. I respect those who are though.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM

399 posts, read 974,388 times
Sports bore me to death.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
I went to HEB last night during the first half. I had to get my shopping done and the store was like the neutron bomb went off. I wish it was always like that. There were literally 2 other people shopping in there.

I was hoping to get out of there without hearing the score but the $#@ cashier had to blurt it out. I said, "oh well, at least I don't have to watch the first half now!"

It would have been a nice comeback but even if the Horns won I'm still not getting a raise this year

Old 01-08-2010, 07:28 AM

543 posts, read 1,740,933 times
Wait 'til next year! Gilbert and the Horns are going to be awesome. Orange-White scrimmage is only a few months away.

Colt is a bit fragile and should forget about the pros. His future lies elsewhere. Is Texas ready for a 24 yr old governor? Perry and KBH would lose in a landslide if he ran and the election were tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 AM

809 posts, read 1,861,908 times
Thumbs down Colt mccoy...you suck!

COLT MCCOY...YOU SUCK! YOU WHINY CRYBABY!

AND WHERE WAS THE TEXAS DEFENSE!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
COLT MCCOY...YOU SUCK! YOU WHINY CRYBABY!

AND WHERE WAS THE TEXAS DEFENSE!!!
What are you talking about? Are you a trained physician? Do you know more about shoulder and vertebrae injuries than the Longhorn team doctors? And where was our defense? You mean our defense that prevented Alabama from scoring for almost half of the game? UT doesn't need fairweather fans like you. Seriously. Go be a Texas Tech fan if you like to turn on your own after a loss.

Horns played as best as as they could despite the circumstances. Gilbert deserves huge kudos ... that kid is going to make the next few years of Horns football a LOT of fun. Congrats to the Crimson Tide. You guys won the game fair and square but in my opinion, only because we lost McCoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: