Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:36 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,023,324 times

Advertisements

when I lived in Oz, I watched the Today Show religiously as my favourite morning news show. In the States, its good morning America (GMA). Yesterday they both melded and I watched the Today Show Australia LIVE from the TV set of Good Morning America. Heaps fun. Lots of Aussies from mostly Qsld, Vic and not as many from NSW. And the only person vaguely SA was myself.
Karl, Ben, Lisa, Georgie
Surprising, Karl was friendly enough. He laughed at a comment I made about Qsld water in SA(and told me he is going to use my quote back home in Oz). Ben was a super nice bloke we talked footie and about the time in used to live in Adelaide. Lisa Wilkinson looked 54. That was a surprise as on TV she looks younger. Georgie is drop dead gorgeous.
The crowd
The # 1 common comment from the crowd: they were surprised how safe it was in NY and how FRIENDLY people were. They were all loving NY except for 1 bloke who thought there was too many people (hello... its Manhattan)
The US production crew of GMA comments
Their comment to me was Aussies broadcasters were a lot more laid back. They were surprised when Karl signed someone's Aussie flag and that this girl with a sign that basically said "Karl your wife is in SYD.. she doesn't have to know".

TODAY - Home

I'm back home watching online.

PS funny moment.. this American was walking on Monday and on the Telly we heard its 530 AM Monday (Syd Time) and he stop and looked confused... it was 230PM (Sunday) NY time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 05:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times

Karl is one of those either love or hate people
I like him

ha at the person thinking its too busy...

Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Awesome you were so chuffed about it mini! Will we actually get to hear your voice/even behold your mysterious countenance? If so where can we watch it/you?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Awesome you were so chuffed about it mini! Will we actually get to hear your voice/even behold your mysterious countenance? If so where can we watch it/you?
I was chuffed as I watched them daily in Oz and watch them online when I can.. I like the dynamics and some really funny moments do happen (talk about long stabby things, bloke fishing for a shark and getting a live duck)..

I was there for the Monday show... I chose not to come back for the Tuesday show.. hurting feet... just stayed at the spa at the hotel.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

Karl is one of those either love or hate people
I like him

ha at the person thinking its too busy...
ya he was nice enough. the really nice bloke Was Ben Fordham. He was taking notes (I was telling him about some things to do) and he was talking to me about living in Adelaide and how he wasn't sure about it until they sent him out to check it out and he had an ephiphany as he had a beer while sitting at an outdoor cafe on Rundle St. The gossip Richards did not impress.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Lisa Wilkinson looked 54. That was a surprise as on TV she looks younger.
Well she is married to Peter FitzSimons and don't tell me he looks young. It reminds me of this video

Who Wants a Horny TV Quiz-Show Host? - YouTube
where the female host Meredith Vieira is very forward with the way she flirts and the comments on youtube are that the navy pilot should go for it. But the people commenting probably don't realise that she's 57 and probably doesn't look that good in person.

Quote:
The # 1 common comment from the crowd: they were surprised how safe it was in NY and how FRIENDLY people were.
Yeah my friend who lives there said it's safer than where he used to live; the Gold Coast.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Funny. She DOES look 57. Lisa doesn't until you see her in person. I can't beleive Meredith was acting so.. horny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Well she is married to Peter FitzSimons and don't tell me he looks young. It reminds me of this video

where the female host Meredith Vieira is very forward with the way she flirts and the comments on youtube are that the navy pilot should go for it. But the people commenting probably don't realise that she's 57 and probably doesn't look that good in person.

Yeah my friend who lives there said it's safer than where he used to live; the Gold Coast.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post

Is Millionaire considered a family show there? lol. I wonder how much of that is done for ratings...she's 57? That's just a number!

Imagine if Eddie Maguire acted the same way towards female contestants when our Millionaire was still on? I shudder to think of the consequences.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Is Millionaire considered a family show there? lol. I wonder how much of that is done for ratings...she's 57? That's just a number!

Imagine if Eddie Maguire acted the same way towards female contestants when our Millionaire was still on? I shudder to think of the consequences.
yeahs its a regular family show.. and im shocked about meredith.. never seen her.. so naughty..

Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,655 times
Quote:
...she's 57? That's just a number!
So is 14, but I think that's illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand