Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,847,702 times

Advertisements

In light of the shenanigans at last Sundays F1 race at Hungary is it time for Mikey to re-retire before he kills someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 07:13 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,837 times
Retire is a bit harsh, but how bout Petrov! Great run for the young Russian!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 PM

33 posts, read 56,751 times
Can't see the big problem myself its Schumacher all over nothing new from what hes done in the past its just now with the amount of rules in F1 its spoils for the excitement eventually there will be a rule to stop anyone from overtaking as it could cause a crash and someone may get hurt or all slower cars must pull over to allow the faster cars through no but seriously it blown way out of proportion Imo it was one of the best parts of the race as a spectator and im by no means a fan of Schumacher I just don't think he did anything wrong or anything that we wouldnt expect from him.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:35 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,855,024 times
Schumacher's semi-apology (as close as he was going to get, anyway) after the race was actually surprising to me - maybe he has grown a little.

I do have to admit that I root for Rossberg to out-qualify and out-finish him every race because I get tired of hearing about the "Return of the Great Schumacher"

Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 PM

33 posts, read 56,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Schumacher's semi-apology (as close as he was going to get, anyway) after the race was actually surprising to me - maybe he has grown a little.

I do have to admit that I root for Rossberg to out-qualify and out-finish him every race because I get tired of hearing about the "Return of the Great Schumacher"

I agree I root for Rosberg also but its funny as Schumacher is actually the number 2 driver in that team as Rosberg has pretty much out qualified him and out raced him all season and you only have to look at the points table to see evidence of that.

Massa gets classed as a 2nd driver to Alonso even Webber although leading has himself said he feels like he gets classed as the 2nd driver to his team-mate Vettel but im sure it will never be said or admitted that Schumacher is the 2nd driver to Rosberg.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
I was never a great Schumi fan but thought he had a load of talent. After seeing him park his car on the circuit in Monaco a few years ago in qualifying and now this BS move in Hungary I have to say he's seriously lacking in sportsmanship and respect for the sport. He could win 20 titles, he will never approach Juan Manuel Fangio in class. If he ever pulls a stunt like that again I sincerely hopes he meets the wrong people in a dcark alley somewhere.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,855,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was never a great Schumi fan but thought he had a load of talent. After seeing him park his car on the circuit in Monaco a few years ago in qualifying and now this BS move in Hungary I have to say he's seriously lacking in sportsmanship and respect for the sport. He could win 20 titles, he will never approach Juan Manuel Fangio in class. If he ever pulls a stunt like that again I sincerely hopes he meets the wrong people in a dcark alley somewhere.
F1 has added a "Driver's Steward" to the Steward's Room, in hopes of adding "driver's perspective" to the steward's discussions. Each race this year has had a different steward, former F1 drivers all. For Hungary it was Derek Warwick - and his perspective was that Schumi should have been black-flagged on the spot, not just given a 10-position grid penalty for the next race. (Although, given his poor qualifying position in Hungary, that would have put him in something like "negative 4th place" in Hungary - several grid spots behind the last car...)

Warwick: I wanted Schumi black flagged | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,847,702 times
What would have been the repercussions of MS actions had it been another driver? Especially one newer to the sport?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
What would have been the repercussions of MS actions had it been another driver? Especially one newer to the sport?
I'd guess at minimum a one race suspension along with close scrutiny for the remainder of the season.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
F1 has added a "Driver's Steward" to the Steward's Room, in hopes of adding "driver's perspective" to the steward's discussions. Each race this year has had a different steward, former F1 drivers all. For Hungary it was Derek Warwick - and his perspective was that Schumi should have been black-flagged on the spot, not just given a 10-position grid penalty for the next race. (Although, given his poor qualifying position in Hungary, that would have put him in something like "negative 4th place" in Hungary - several grid spots behind the last car...)

Warwick: I wanted Schumi black flagged | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video hid kits (http://electronicfiend.com/hid-kits/ - broken link)

Negative fourth place lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing