Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:22 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times

Advertisements

that F1 Champs are just dying to make the jump over for some easy wins.

Villeneuve looking for Cup or Nationwide ride: Jacques Villeneuve came to New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday to shop -- for a race team. While the 1997 Formula champ's first choice would be acquiring a full-time ride in either the Sprint Cup or Nationwide Series, Villeneuve realizes providing his own seat my be the best option to join the sport. "There's two things, if I can get a good ride, I probably would not be looking at (buying a team) but the way the budgets are right now you might as well bring it yourself," Villeneuve said. "If I could get a full-time ride, I probably wouldn't bother." Villeneuve said his first preference is Sprint Cup. But he would prefer a solid Nationwide Series team to a struggling Cup operation. Villeneuve said he's "very sad" that nothing has been lined up yet for Watkins Glen, but he would love the opportunity to race there as well.(Fox Sports)(7-17-2011)

I suggest a chat with Montoya before he starts building a new trophy case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 AM

8,607 posts, read 14,908,526 times
Not to get into an F-1/NASCAR holy war but some of what Jacques is saying is part of what's wrong with NASCAR today. Many teams are relying on drivers to secure sponsorships before giving them a ride. That's why you see no-talent hacks (Kevin Conway and John Wes Townley) and marginally-talented hacks (Paul Menard) getting rides while drivers with promise like Brad Coleman sit on the sidelines.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 AM

529 posts, read 1,652,096 times
I've never heard a F1 driver says NASCAR is easy. They seem to move to NASCAR because there are more races, more teams, less travel and the fact that it's just a different type of sport to try.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:42 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,197,160 times
Jacques Villeneuve left F1 at the age of 35. That is pretty old for a F1 driver.

With the exception of Montoya, most skilled F1 drivers will never consider NASCAR. In professional racing, it is seen as a step down in status.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
The op I believe by the post is a ten years old kid.Ceainly not a seroius fan of all rcing.Loo at Schumacher from seven times world chap and couldn;t cut it in MotoGP. Tyhe deamnds oif one type driivng rarely translate to another form. Jimmy Clark said that High speed ovals and the 24hrs of Lemans where too dangerous at the speeds to make a career of. That was at time when F1 had few retired champions retire.He retired then died racing at LeMans a few years later.If any racing was easy we would all be doig it insated of being on a forum tpying about it.

Last edited by texdav; 07-19-2011 at 09:52 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:56 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The op I believe by the post is a ten years old kid.Ceainly not a seroius fan of all rcing.Loo at Schumacher from seven times world chap and couldn;t cut it in MotoGP. Tyhe deamnds oif one type driivng rarely translate to another form. Jimmy Clark said that High speed ovals and the 24hrs of Lemans where too dangerous at the speeds to make a career of. That was at time when F1 had few retired champions retire.He retired then died racing at LeMans a few years later.If any racing was easy we would all be doig it insated of being on a forum tpying about it.
WOW, did that go completely over your head.

BTW ever heard of spell check?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,083,302 times
Juan has really wrecked quite a few folks this year. His latest antics more than likely cost Shrub a victory at the Tricky Triangle...........thanks Pablo!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Jimmy Clark died from injuries sustained in a Formula 2 race at Hockenheim, Germany in 1968, wasn't the stadium type track there today but a dangerous trip through the forest.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 AM

40 posts, read 69,795 times
I think that it is hard for a transition from circuit to oval due to the different ways to drive the track as Dario Franchitti said at Goodwood this year you have to feel the way round an oval and have the car under you because you can't gain time by going deeper in to the corners, also i heard that Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton where exchanging seat as part of a Mobil1 event i would like to see that

Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 AM

78,501 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Not to get into an F-1/NASCAR holy war but some of what Jacques is saying is part of what's wrong with NASCAR today. Many teams are relying on drivers to secure sponsorships before giving them a ride. That's why you see no-talent hacks (Kevin Conway and John Wes Townley) and marginally-talented hacks (Paul Menard) getting rides while drivers with promise like Brad Coleman sit on the sidelines.
These are good points and ironically reminiscent of how Eric Cartman got his car.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing