Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Penske penalty confrimed for unauthroized rearend parts used but one more appeal left. Penske said the hearing was fair they just loss the appeal and will appeal again. to second allowed.Heard commentator say he looked at what aprts weher used not approved and its specfically i rule book as violation.
I agree that Penske was cheating just like the Hendrick team was cheating but Hendrick won his appeal and I can almost guarantee Penske will lose.

Gibbs should win his appeal but some kind of fine for TRD would be appropriate
TRD was the ones who made the mistake and Gibbs should not have to pay for that mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I'm OK with the Gibbs penalties. You have to be responsible for what you put in your cars. Blaming T(u)RD doesn't do anything but flaunt an air of irresponsibility. When Toyota Joe decided to buy engines from them, he assumed responsibility for their actions (good or bad).

Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 AM
PDD

The appeal committee almost got is right. They placed the blame on TRD (the ones who made the error) but still deducted points from Kenseth and Gibbs plus still socked the CC with a 200K fine.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The appeal committee almost got is right. They placed the blame on TRD (the ones who made the error) but still deducted points from Kenseth and Gibbs plus still socked the CC with a 200K fine.
They got it pretty close, JGR should've gotten away clean. The NASCAR rule book needs to be tweaked a bit I believe.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
They got it pretty close, JGR should've gotten away clean.
At this point, I disagree.

Even though the infraction was not 'major' in this case, I still feel that there is too much room for fudging around inside these engines if the race team can simply wipe their hands clean and say "we're not allowed to open the engine ourselves".

If that's going to be the norm, then the engine suppliers need to be held accountable in a major way for their product (somehow).

Old 05-09-2013, 03:48 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
They got it pretty close, JGR should've gotten away clean. The NASCAR rule book needs to be tweaked a bit I believe.
The NASCAR rule book is purposely ambiguous which allows them to enforce the rules at their discretion.

According to "NASCAR insiders" the parts in question in the Penske cars were approved but when assembled they no longer passed inspection. WTF kind of rule is that? Either the parts are good or they are no good.

Here is one way to solve the rules problem. Have a representative of every participating manufacturer on the rules committee.

Same thing with the appeals committee.

Get rid of that single manufacturer arbitrator. Team owners should not have an arbitrator in their back pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing